For Sale: Pearl Jam Soldier Field Vintage Vinyl Marble Green Original Press with Poster...SOLD

foodshop65foodshop65 Posts: 731
edited August 2021 in Lost Dogs
Record: EX
Jacket: EX

$300 or best offer shipped
Paypal Friends/ Family

Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
Post edited by foodshop65 on

Comments

• foodshop65foodshop65 Posts: 731

Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Lord that’s sexy! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I have this but no poster. Is the poster original?
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2021
    pearljim said:
    The poster was included with the album. Limited Press of 500 copies. If you bought it off the secondary market the previous owner kept/lost the poster. 
    pearljim said:
    The poster was included with the album. Limited Press of 500 copies. If you bought it off the secondary market the previous owner kept/lost the poster. 
    Yep, this was sold at my favorite independent record shop Vintage Vinyl in St.Louis! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 439
    pm sent

92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • ry75guyry75guy Posts: 216
    pearljim said:
    Yep, I got mine a few years after and it was missing the poster which sucked. Two Feet Thick did a write up that shows the difference between the original and bootlegs. IICR - different font size on the spine and different material for the cover that's apparent on the color of the inside of the sleeve. 
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
    ry75guy said:
    pearljim said:
    Yep, I got mine a few years after and it was missing the poster which sucked. Two Feet Thick did a write up that shows the difference between the original and bootlegs. IICR - different font size on the spine and different material for the cover that's apparent on the color of the inside of the sleeve. 
    Oh right, I forgot there were bootlegs of this made. I got one a long time ago for like $50. Where is that thread...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ry75guyry75guy Posts: 216
    SOLD? Congrats to the buyer and seller. Nice find
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Congrats, awesome buy here
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    pearljim said:
    Yep, this was sold at my favorite independent record shop Vintage Vinyl in St.Louis! 

Funny enough I bought one off ebay a number of years ago, and it came directly from Vintage Vinyl.    I gathered they must of still had some of them kicking around.

Kind of like the time I bought the first Christmas Single off ebay and it came mint, in a mailer from Epic.  It was like a Sony employee found some and sold them on ebay, and even used Sony's mailers and postage to send them.. lol.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,554
    ry75guy said:
    pearljim said:
    Oh right, I forgot there were bootlegs of this made. I got one a long time ago for like $50. Where is that thread...
    yeah, I had a yellow one I think. sold it a long time ago. the sound wasn't the greatest, even for a 90's show. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,136
    Zod said:
    pearljim said:

Funny enough I bought one off ebay a number of years ago, and it came directly from Vintage Vinyl.    I gathered they must of still had some of them kicking around.

Kind of like the time I bought the first Christmas Single off ebay and it came mint, in a mailer from Epic.  It was like a Sony employee found some and sold them on ebay, and even used Sony's mailers and postage to send them.. lol.
    These were reprinted so many times and in different colors that I stayed away. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    Zod said:
    pearljim said:

yah, I only bought it because vintage vinyl was selling it directly and it sounded like a legitimate copy.  (the light green swirl in stead of the bootlegs which were all sorts of colors, but the only one that came close was a darker more solid green).
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pearljim said:

yah, I only bought it because vintage vinyl was selling it directly and it sounded like a legitimate copy.  (the light green swirl in stead of the bootlegs which were all sorts of colors, but the only one that came close was a darker more solid green).
    Those other green bootlegs is what has kept me away from trying to get this one also. I think $300 was a GREAT deal on this one.
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited August 2021
    Quick question... I have 2 of these and framed the poster of one, but something at discogs caught my eye...  Can you tell me what code is on the side of the gatefold and on the disc labels?  Does it have the periods after the V's or not?   

Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    My unsealed is definitely Marbled Green Vinyl / Black Label, but Discogs show the V.V.000001 as Black Vinyl / White Label.    oh... reading further on the white label url is does say the sleeve is the same as marbled green.  so i guess the catalog numbers are the same regardless of VV or V.V.

"Test pressing on white label for this release. A highly limited run of only TEN of these were produced in order to test the sound quality of the pressing (which was found to have plates off center - and the pressing plant refused to fix since it was going to be a small run LP). These test pressings were manually numbered and marked with "R.G #001" (R.G stands for Reel George) on the white labels. The sleeve/jacket is the same as the regular 'marbled green' version."

Marbled Green Vinyl / Black Label:
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Spin-The-Black-Circle-Live-Tonight-At-Soldier-Field-July-11-1995/release/1119098

Black Vinyl / White Label;
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Spin-The-Black-CircleLive-At-Soldier-Field/release/3296940

i like sound...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,136
    camaros said:
    My unsealed is definitely Marbled Green Vinyl / Black Label, but Discogs show the V.V.000001 as Black Vinyl / White Label.    oh... reading further on the white label url is does say the sleeve is the same as marbled green.  so i guess the catalog numbers are the same regardless of VV or V.V.

"Test pressing on white label for this release. A highly limited run of only TEN of these were produced in order to test the sound quality of the pressing (which was found to have plates off center - and the pressing plant refused to fix since it was going to be a small run LP). These test pressings were manually numbered and marked with "R.G #001" (R.G stands for Reel George) on the white labels. The sleeve/jacket is the same as the regular 'marbled green' version."

Marbled Green Vinyl / Black Label:
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Spin-The-Black-Circle-Live-Tonight-At-Soldier-Field-July-11-1995/release/1119098

Black Vinyl / White Label;
    https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Spin-The-Black-CircleLive-At-Soldier-Field/release/3296940

I'd take w a grain of salt any of that information.