Bought my first stock

Just bought my first lonely stock. Found out my company had gone from 4 dollars when I started to 13 dollars per stock. So I bought one (1) stock. Like a tamagotchi to follow through the fall.

Will be interesting.

Seems kind of cumbersome/expensive buying stocks from international stock exchanges and Nintendo isn't on Stockholm's' Stock Exchange (obviously). But you could buy something called a "tracker" which I do not know what it is exactly... but you could buy a Tracker following the Nintendo stock... So I bought one (1) of those too.

So I have my one stock of the company I work for.
And one Tracker-stock-thing for Nintendo.

Will be a fun fall following them. I guess i will lose money in the end.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    A company I used to work for on Wall Street offered me some of its shares during my time there, and I said no thanks. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Bought some (a TEENY amount, relatively speaking) Bitcoin. Can’t hurt

Plus, I look at it as I do gambling: Don’t sit down at the table if you’re not willing to walk away with nothing. 
    Yeah, I don't gamble either.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    I've really been putting a focus on retirement, financial wellbeing and investing this past year. The 401 has been doing great...I think. I was able to refinance a 30 year mortgage (22 years 10 months remaining) down to a 15 year while only paying $8 extra per month. But so far, I haven't gotten into the stock game. I need to, but I need to find reliable help in getting into it. For so many, it is completely overwhelming. But I'm getting there.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Thing is, I know a lot of the best in the game, but I still want nothing to do with it. Ever. :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM