Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,264
    Those diehards have kept the Dead alive long after Garcia’s death, as the John Mayer-featuring Dead & Co routinely sell out stadiums and amphitheaters where the pre-show tailgate scene is as free-spirited and convivial as it was 50 years ago. “Walking around that parking lot in Vegas was so great,” Ament says. “Half of it was people making jewelry and food, and half of it was Grateful Dead mafia. You could tell right away which was which.” He adds, laughing, “That’s probably what will happen to us. In 20 or 30 years when there are only two of us left, we’ll be out playing with John Mayer and somebody else.”
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,939
    Cool read… thanks for posting!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• YES! I said that (they were like the Dead) on here a couple years ago and got shot down by a Pearl Jam mafia douchebag, but here it is, straight from Jeff's mouth!!
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

This was a great small read so thank you for sharing. I have heard the grateful dead compare before and I felt it was because of dedicated following and setlist changing.

Reading it I felt it even more at Fenway night 1 2018 when they played Outta My Mind , I turned to my wife and said this is like the 4th time this has ever been played and its been since Halloween 2009.

She was like " how do you know that "

This makes me more excited about them hopefully go out on a good tour next year ( I would love to see 35-40 dates , just being realistic not going to say hope for 70-90 )

Hope they just pull everything out of the bag after not playing for so long.

Bump!
    “After this sabbatical we’ve been on, there’s nothing I want to do more now than play music with the guys in front of an audience — to smile and share that love that we feel from the music and the community,” enthuses Ament, who will return to the stage with Pearl Jam Sept. 18 at the Sea.Hear.Now festival in Asbury Park. N.J. “When I think of a Pearl Jam fan, I think of someone who is conscious of their surroundings and is trying to make their own world better. To be in a room with a bunch of like-minded folks singing our songs, that sounds like the best thing in the world to me right now. I can’t wait.”