Options

Ament - I Should Be Outside yellow vinyl & digital download 10club

124»

Comments

• Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 225
    Received the vinyl last week! Great packaging...
    But unlike others I dont think it's a great sounding vinyl. The mastering is fine, but the press is not great unfortunately. But maybe Im just an audiophile. Never really like those coloured vinyls for the sound...
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    No pick :disappointed:

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Joostone said:
    But unlike others I dont think it's a great sounding vinyl. The mastering is fine, but the press is not great unfortunately. But maybe Im just an audiophile. Never really like those coloured vinyls for the sound...
    It doesn’t sound like a AP pressing or an AAA jazz album. It sounds great for what it is. I’ve certainly heard far worse albums. An audiophile would also know the colour of an album has nothing to do with the sound. Black vinyl is actually coloured vinyl. 
  • Options
    ten club vinyl edition sold out, does Monkeywrench normally release a non-color version for the plebs? i missed out on this one and would like to get one but couldn't afford it while it was up in the shop.
  • Options
    JoostoneJoostone Posts: 225
    Joostone said:
    It doesn’t sound like a AP pressing or an AAA jazz album. It sounds great for what it is. I’ve certainly heard far worse albums. An audiophile would also know the colour of an album has nothing to do with the sound. Black vinyl is actually coloured vinyl. 

Yeah, i know that the colour doesn't really affect the sound, but I was just wondering why this press doesn't sound as great as his previous record. It's fine and it's a great record. The vinyl just doesn't sound great to my ears

PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Joostone said:
    Joostone said:

Yeah, i know that the colour doesn't really affect the sound, but I was just wondering why this press doesn't sound as great as his previous record. It's fine and it's a great record. The vinyl just doesn't sound great to my ears

To each, their own. I think it sounds fantastic.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,737
    I hope Jeff does release a black vinyl & CD.
  • Options
    Joostone said:
    Joostone said:

Maybe you are just an audiophile. 
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    Joostone said:
    Joostone said:

To each, their own. I think it sounds fantastic.
    I agree. Sounds great to me. Better pressing for sure than a lot of the PJ albums (I know that’s not saying a lot)

plus the album is really good. I wasn’t necessarily expecting that.  I’ve listened to it several times now

Mine was pretty dirty though when it arrived and that’s why I am not a fan of coloured vinyl.  Looked clean but I got a ton of junk off of it before I played it
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    https://www.facebook.com/richard.stuverud/posts/10226114585387137

Put this on for another spin today
    Love how my new turn table goes with Ament’s new vinyl!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,760
    RD was great to see beat those drums with rndm. He was all smiles and in his element. A short 10 years ago?
  • Options
    I wish Three Fish was back in the studio to hit us with a 3rd album.
  • Options