Options

Individual song performances you will never forget

2»

Comments

• Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Great topic!

Leash Boston II '06 This one is kinda obvious just because everyone had been clamoring for it the whole tour and when it finally dropped the crowd or at least the people who knew what was going on went ape shit. It was crazy and they played the shit out of the song.

Release Boston I 06 First time I had heard this song and it hit me hard, I didn't realize how really touching and beautiful song was until you heard 20,000 people singing it, it was a shivers down the spine moment.

Black Boston II 06 I love this show, anyways, it was such a great version of the song, and then Eddie added the We Belong Together at the end and collapses on the stage afterwords, and then gets back up to do Alive. It was a great performance and one of the best concerts I have ever been to.

Light Years Tampa '08 A song I had been hoping to hear for quite some time, and they finally played it. I welled up a little, and sang every word, it was great.

Eddie with the Stones Pitt '05 This is my greatest concert moment, ever. First of all the Stones playing Wild Horses is a treat all on its own, its a beautiful song musically and lyrically, but to see Eddie walk out on stage and nail the song perfectly with Mick was just jaw dropping-ly amazing. My dad has the Stones DVD from that tour and whenever I am home I usually watch that performance and my dads asks "You're off to your happy place, aren't you."
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Inside Job - Dublin 06 - First time seeing the band..NOTHING could prepare me for how beautiful an opener that was, the lighting the band intro, ed coming out and his voice filled the room....2 more songs off Avocado & then they busted into...

Animal / Do The Evolution - Dublin 06 - Crowd was immense on those, such energy....and Leash later too

Black / My Memories - Berlin 06

Sometimes->Whipping->BOJ - Dusseldorf 07

Crowd sings Black during encore break (band not on stage) - Hurricane 07

Long Road - Copenhagen 07 - also Light Years, LBC, LROM, No More, Alive, Black, Hard To Imagine.....so many songs about loss on an unforgettable night
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Röeghmann wrote:
    Love Boat captain - Copenhagen ´07 the vibe was chillin´ I had goosebumbs all up my back, and it was followed by Love reign o´er me - amazing

thats the first thing i thought of when i read the thread title.
    so i second that.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    There are many.....however, the most memorable

Alive - Molson Park, Barrie, ON 1998 (my first PJ show btw)

The band was simply on fire and being an outdoor venue with no seats, the crowd was unreal.
    After the song started, I tell the guys around me "Get me up there!"...what happened next was awesome - at the exact moment I got on top of the crowd to bodysurf, they went into the chorus for Alive, dimmed the lights on the stage and turned on this spotlight directed straight at me as I'm "floating" in every possible direction. It was the most incredible feeling!! Needless to say, I was hooked.

(ok, the spotlight wasn't solely on me, but you get the idea)
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    My Top 5.

1) In Hiding - Vic Theater 2007 - It's been talked about many times on this board. Not only my personal highlight but maybe one of the highlights of this band's career.

2) Alive - Dallas 2003 - Obviously love the song and to hear them open a show with it for the first time since 1991 was shocking and amazing.

3) Black - Ottawa 2005 - That entire show was special but the moment that clearly stands out was the Black performance with that emotional heart-wrenching tag. I know Unplugged is held to high regard as well as Atlanta '94, but to me, this is the standard that others will be held to.

4) Sad - Vic Theater 2007 - I just remember the place going nuts when this song started. People pogo-ing, Mike going insane. Perfect version.

5) Release - Boston I 2004 - Like a religious experience. The crowd drowned Eddie out that night and he looked in awe.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    I'd say my top three are:

1) Baba O'Reilly, Robert Guertin Arena in Hull, 1993 - first time I saw the band and this tune just HIT ME. I'll never forget it.

2) Hard to Imagine, Montreal, 1996 - one of those songs I was just dying to hear... and it exceeded every possible expectation. Blew me away.

3) Fuckin' Up, Boston 2000 (I think) - absolutely rockin performance. Near the end Ed came side stage and I poked him in the ankle... yeah, I'm classy. Got his attention, though, cuz he turned around to shake my hand. :)
  • Options
    Wash 05 in Ottawa - I was on the radio earlier in the day and the lady asked which songs I'd hoped PJ would play, and I said Wash and Crown of Thorns. Then they played Wash. And I shat a brick.

Alone 04 in Boston II - Fuck me, we were all hoping for alone and then they busted it out. I went nuts. Hog fucking wild.
  • Options
    There are few for me but my most memorable and favorite would be this one.
    Back in April of '06 I lost a very close friend of mine when she was involved in a car accident. In June I went to see PJ's last show at Continental Airlines Arena and the show just had a great vibe and was making me feel awesome.

Then I noticed something....the seat next to me had been empty the entire time, we were sat behind the stage. Then about halfway through the show or so Ed says "We're gonna sing to these guys back here now." And the entire band turns around and launches into "Last Kiss" and the lights go red, red happened to be her favorite color.

It was just a weird bout of coincidences, the lighting, the empty seat and of all the songs they pick it's "Last Kiss." It blew me away and brought both me and my fiancee to tears. It was definitely an awesome goodbye and a nice release for us.
  • Options
    present tense - astoria, london 2006 - amazing sing along and really didnt think i would get to hear this at my first show.. and what a show it was..

black - dublin 2006 - amazing. not ashamed to admit it brought a tear to the eye.

long road - wembley 2007 - love this as a show opener. one of my favourite songs.

rockin in the free world - leeds 2006 - set me up perfectly for my all night campsite party.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    The entireity of Bonnaroo
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    kineticjamkineticjam Posts: 154
    Toledo-2004-Vote for Change

Harvest Moon with Neil Young
    Cortez the Killer with Niel and Peter Frampton
    All Along the Watchtower with the whole crew.

Fucking Amazing!!!!!!
  • Options
    Smile Boston II 06 Ed's harmonica live sounds so fucking sweet,the song just was soooooo much better live i almost shit!
  • Options
    NotoriousIMPNotoriousIMP Posts: 141
    Baba, indiff, Alive MSG II 98'
    Thats when it all changed for me.
    Goose bumps always.
    96' Randalls island II
    98' NJ, MSG II
    00' Jones Beach I,II,III
    03' Nassau, MSG I, II
    05' Montreal, Ottawa, Borgata II
    06' NJ I, II
    08' Camden II, MSG II, Hartford, Beacon NY, Ed Ved NYC I
    09' Philly 4
    10' MSG I,II
    11' Ed Ved Hartford
    13' Chicago, Brooklyn II
    15' GCF NY
    16' Philly II, MSG I
  • Options
    Blood at Quebec City 05. My first time ever seeing PJ and that main set kicked all kinds of ass, but when they went into Blood, I remember the lights, the sounds, everything just fuckin destroyed me at once. and it ended with Eddie smashing his mic stand down so ridiculously hard(it got a lot of damage that night actually) and just walking off. Soooo goooooood.