igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
I miss igotid88

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    Thanks for taking the time to share your artistic process on I Should Be Outside and your paintings, Jefferson. "No rules!"
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Jeff Ament's Kyle Meredith Interview
    Jeff Ament sits down with Kyle Meredith to discuss his upcoming album I Should Be Outside along with the art that coincides with his own personal projects and Pearl Jam. The pair later go on to discuss Ten, No Code, and more!
    WATCH HERE
    Find I Should Be Outside in the shop!
    AMENT RECORD
    Be sure to also check out the music video for “I Hear Ya”
    I HEAR YA
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    Video will be public on June 30
    https://youtu.be/56mI0USAplw
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Video will be public on June 30
    https://youtu.be/56mI0USAplw

Sweet!

• Options
    ^ this Friday!
  • Options
    Soon ....
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Good interview
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,138
    Loved the interview!
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    Interesting interview. Being in Australia I really enjoy Kyle’s work. I don’t really know him too well. Sounds as though PJ have the summer ‘off’ and will reconvene after the tour for more work on the album. Jeff seems to be pushing the boundaries on this one. His voice sounded equal part hopeful yet frustrated. I loved the look on Kyle’s face when he asked the PJ questions, it’s like he wanted to ask the obvious questions but tried not to. The fan in him was dying to ask the q’s we all want answers to. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Anyone else catch when Jeff said that all the new songs are done?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    Yes! After rewatching it, I did pick that up, ‘think the songs are done’, to me he said that and then quickly added the things that aren’t finished. Maybe they’ve recorded and finished those songs, Jeff alluded to maybe recording some more?? Obviously it seems as though title, art work, maybe production / mixing? still needs to be finished off? Maybe that’s why Stone said the album was nearing the finishing line because the songs have been recorded. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure Jeff alluded to the fact an Australian tour is on the cards. He mentions touring places they haven’t toured in a while. Surely Australia, NZ and other Asian countries could be getting a tour next year. He mentions touring places they’d never played, ‘a wishlist’ of sorts. That’s sounds pretty cool! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure Jeff alluded to the fact an Australian tour is on the cards. He mentions touring places they haven’t toured in a while. Surely Australia, NZ and other Asian countries could be getting a tour next year. He mentions touring places they’d never played, ‘a wishlist’ of sorts. That’s sounds pretty cool! 

A South Pacific Pearl Jam tour would be amazing! I'm hoping for shows close to home (Atlantic Canada or New England) but first you guys down under need to get experienced. It's been a long time for you guys. 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    LukinFan said:
    Yes! After rewatching it, I did pick that up, ‘think the songs are done’, to me he said that and then quickly added the things that aren’t finished. Maybe they’ve recorded and finished those songs, Jeff alluded to maybe recording some more?? Obviously it seems as though title, art work, maybe production / mixing? still needs to be finished off? Maybe that’s why Stone said the album was nearing the finishing line because the songs have been recorded. 
    If you relisten, the audio glitched a bit, but he actually said "I don't think the songs are done." Seems to me he wants to push the band further than they have so far...  

This is me speculating quite a bit, but I wonder if hiring a pop producer, there is some tension with Jeff trying to push the art side a bit more
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    I heard the opposite... Sounded like the audio cut out a bit with the not great quality of the broadcast, but he actually was saying "I don't think the songs are done," especially in context of the full statement it is clear where he was contradicting Stones assertion that the record was almost done, I know for a fact the records not done, I don't think the songs are done.... 
  • Options
    verceman said:
    LukinFan said:
    If you relisten, the audio glitched a bit, but he actually said "I don't think the songs are done." Seems to me he wants to push the band further than they have so far...  

This is me speculating quite a bit, but I wonder if hiring a pop producer, there is some tension with Jeff trying to push the art side a bit more
    True, there was the slightest glitch, I will certainly agree that Jeff is trying to push the band, his voice or tone of it did sound frustrated or tense. I ‘speculated’ the same thing. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    verceman said:
    LukinFan said:

True, there was the slightest glitch, I will certainly agree that Jeff is trying to push the band, his voice or tone of it did sound frustrated or tense. I ‘speculated’ the same thing. 
    Yup, I heard a bit of frustration in his tone as well.

• Options

Jeff Ament on Pearl Jam’s Next Album: “We’ve Earned the Right to Do Whatever the Fuck We Want”

They're still working on their next project, but hope to have it ready for next year

Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament has offered his own update on the next Pearl Jam album. During an appearance on Kyle Meredith With…, Ament said that while the band feels they’ve “earned the right to do whatever the fuck we want,” their latest effort isn’t quite done and “doesn’t feel like a record yet.”