Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

My first solo album, This Strange Tide

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 19,086
edited July 27 in Musicians and Gearheads
Feels good to get these songs out there, and out of my brain! Thanks for all your encouragement!

www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,786
    Sounds great, man!!!!! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,857
    I'd buy that for a dollar!  And I did.

I'd never used Bandcamp before ... was pretty easy to connect to my Sonos setup which sounded MUCH better then my laptop speakers =)

Dreamy and melodic is my initial description.  Keep up the good work.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 19,086
    Jason P said:
    I'd buy that for a dollar!  And I did.

I'd never used Bandcamp before ... was pretty easy to connect to my Sonos setup which sounded MUCH better then my laptop speakers =)

Dreamy and melodic is my initial description.  Keep up the good work.
    Too kind! Glad you could hear more of the dynamics on the Sonos! Thank you so much for your support! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Sounds great, man!!!!! 
    Thanks Matt! My thanks to you for helping me grow musically all these many years! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,857
    When you write your music, do you score it?  Just trying to figure out the process.  I know I can come up with music and record it, but I figure it may be useful to actually write the music down ... but I figure there may be software that can figure it out as you play or input a recording. 

Or maybe it is a simple as just recording and remembering what you played ... but if you copyright it and publish a song, I'm assuming that a musical score is needed.  (the point is, much like Jon Snow, I know nothing ... yet)
    Jason P said:
    When you write your music, do you score it?  Just trying to figure out the process.  I know I can come up with music and record it, but I figure it may be useful to actually write the music down ... but I figure there may be software that can figure it out as you play or input a recording. 

Or maybe it is a simple as just recording and remembering what you played ... but if you copyright it and publish a song, I'm assuming that a musical score is needed.  (the point is, much like Jon Snow, I know nothing ... yet)
    If it’s complicated I will record myself playing it and calling out the chords on my iPhone. That way if there is a break of any kind between day of writing and the next time I play it, I have a video guide. For this solo effort I played the primary parts until I could play without looking at my hands. That way I could look at the lyric sheet in front of me proper. For copyright, you don’t need to submit chords. My bandmate Matt and I have submitted three albums for copyright and I don’t recall there being a section for that on the forms. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Second song from my upcoming album!

www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,786
    Jason P said:

For copyright, you don’t need to submit chords. My bandmate Matt and I have submitted three albums for copyright and I don’t recall there being a section for that on the forms. 
    Bingo. Musical Score is not required for copyright.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,539
    Congratulations man! This is a big deal! Good for you for seeing it through. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 1,061
    I gave a real quick listen to a couple of the songs last night. Sounds good.