Options

Pearl jam peloton class

July 3 for those who have a peloton membership. This is part of their all for one music festival 

Comments

• Options
    ZFieldsZFields Posts: 14
    Been waiting for this! 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    Too bad it's w Jenn, can't stand her
  • Options
    Cropduster2020Cropduster2020 SF Bay Area Posts: 20
    I like Jenn, and she is definitely a PJ fan. She mentioned SHN and Ohana a few weeks ago while playing a live version of Dissident.  
    Mountain View, California (July 19, 1992), Mountain View, California (November 01, 1992), Mountain View, California (October 02, 1994), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 20, 1996), Santa Cruz, California (November 12, 1997), Oakland, California (November 14, 1997), Oakland, California (November 15, 1997), Oakland, California (November 18, 1997), Sacramento, California (July 16, 1998), Portland, Oregon (July 18, 1998), Mountain View, California (October 31, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Seattle 1 (August 08, 2018), Seattle 2 (August 10, 2018), Ohana 1 (September 26, 2021), Ohana 2 (October 1, 2021), Ohana 3 (October 2, 2021) The Apollo (September 10, 2022), MSG (September 11, 2022). 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,366
    What will happen exactly? Are they showing a concert while you exercise?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    igotid88 said:
    What will happen exactly? Are they showing a concert while you exercise?
    Between songs Ed yells at you to peddle faster. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JBob87 said:
    Really? I like her. Emma is my favourite though
  • Options
    JBob87 said:
    Really? I like her. Emma is my favourite though
    Don't mean to be such a downer, I'm super excited for this! And I agree, Emma is my favorite as well.
  • Options
    ZFieldsZFields Posts: 14
    Huge Emma fan. Also, Emma used Present Tense in a ride last year that was pretty epic - so she gets bonus points. 
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    JBob87 said:
    Lol, I agree. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,768
    edited June 2021
    I was bummed to see the all-PJ class from a few years back disappear from their catalog (w/ Christine), so good to hear something new might be coming. I'll take any new PJ classes as long as it's not Kendall trying to destroy us.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Options
    mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    edited June 2021
    Selena is doing a run at the same time. I’m pretty excited for both. I think I’m going to do the bike live and the encore run the next day at 6. I’m #mdbowers on there for anyone who wants to follow

Just saw that Dennis is also doing a Pearl Jam yoga. 
    Post edited by mbowers on
  • Options
    tschav said:
    I was bummed to see the all-PJ class from a few years back disappear from their catalog (w/ Christine), so good to hear something new might be coming. I'll take any new PJ classes as long as it's not Kendall trying to destroy us.
    You mean the one that was supposed to be a 90’s class that turned into an all pearl jam playlist?
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,657
    Keith is my favorite and he has fantastic thighs.
  • Options
    tschav said:
    You mean the one that was supposed to be a 90’s class that turned into an all pearl jam playlist?
    Yup. Had it bookmarked and it mysteriously disappeared a few weeks back. 
  • Options
    Big fan of Emma Lovewell's 90's rock rides. I'm looking forward to seeing this PJ ride.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    I’ll be on the 12pm ET ride, my peloton username is the same as my PJ account name. Hope to see you all there!!
  • Options
    They've added a strength class, so it's:

Andy Speer 30 min Strength
    Dennis Morton 30 min Yoga
    Selena Samuela 45 min Run
    Jenn Sherman 45 min Cycle

all live at noon tomorrow and encoring at 6 pm Sunday.  Have fun!
  • Options
    nomarnomar Posts: 65
    Great playlist so far!
  • Options
    So I did the Selena run live and it was ... not my favorite.  Oh well.  I hope the other classes are better.  Regardless, it's better to have a not great Pearl Jam workout than no Pearl Jam workout at all.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,825
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=339349400890453&id=100044461868251

AFO Pearl Jam ride after glow!!! ⁣
    I remember the first time I heard Pearl Jam’s debut album 10. A friend of mine who worked at Epic Records sent me over a copy after speaking incessantly about this new band out of Seattle. In 1991, I was already obsessed with Nirvana (duh) and I wasn’t someone who was easily impressed with every new artist that got a record deal. At that time in my life, I worked for a big time agent at the talent agency ICM, in their concert booking department. We were all a bunch of music obsessed kids working together side by side in our tiny cubicles. My friend had messengered me the CD and lucky for me, my boss was away on business. On my lunch break, I popped it into the CD player in his office and hit play. The opening notes of “Once” came through the speakers and then Eddie’s now distinct growl. I didn’t move until I got through the final note of “Release” at the end of the album. Mind. Fucking. Blown. ⁣
    ⁣Today was a dream come true for me and I am still flying high from that EXPERIENCE (notice I didn’t call it a ride). My vision was to create a FEELING, as if you were truly in the middle of the crowd at a live PJ show and I hope that’s the way it felt. ⁣
     I was so honored to close out AFO 2021 and I left it all out on those festival grounds for you today. Thank you to @pearljam and to everyone that had a hand in this massive three day event. @jesskingnyc, your vision became a reality this weekend!!! To all of my co-instructors, you all fucking amaze me!!! I can’t wait to catch up on all that I missed by tapping into the All For One collection on the bike and app! ⁣
    Thank you @onepeloton for showing up to the main stage this morning, for an epic morning I will never forget. ❤️
  • Options
    Just took the Jenn Sherman cycling class and it was really, really good.  Very happy with that one, and my first PR in a while.
  • Options
    Took the Andy Spear 30 min Upper Body strength.  Unfortunately he seemed really lost for a lot of it.  There were long rests and he kept asking for musical cues that didn't come.  I guess this is what happens when they program several simultaneous live classes.  The production end was really lacking.

I'm planning on doing the Dennis Morton Yoga on Thursday, closing out this strange set.  Will review then.
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263

My review of the Jen Sherman class. Great playlist but they should have went with a different instructor. But I'm really glad she stuck with live versions of songs.

Unfortunately they kept her vocal volume up (even if you try to turn the music volume up over the instructor commentary). Her singing and commentary was a bit painful/annoying. Plus she hardly does the ride and spends most of it sitting on the bike drumming on the handle bars. She did something similar with the grateful dead rides. If your going to design a challenging ride, atleast pretend to participate in it.

They should have went with Dennis, Emma or Jess.

Haven't done the upper body strength with Andy spear, but his outfit looks ridiculous.

• Options
    I do not like Jess king one bit. Lo
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,339
    I actually really like Jen Sherman. Her music is typically great (lots of classic rock and 90s) and she doesn't get all existential and preachy like some of the other instructors do. Plus she is a fairly big fan of Pearl Jam from what she has said in other rides. I know she mentioned in a class a while back that she was going to be attending their shows at the Apollo and MSG before the pandemic shut everything down. That being said, I can get how she wouldn't be some folks' cup of tea.

As for the ride itself, I really enjoyed it and thought the live versions of the songs were a nice touch. At the end of the day though, I'm just grateful that we got a few all-Pearl Jam classes. I feel like I'd be circumcising the mosquito a bit to be nitpicking at choice of instructor or format of the class when I'm just happy they had this type of class in the first place.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the bike class a lot more than I thought. Great idea to use live tracks and hold off on too much commentary/coaching. Definitely got my head into the idea of being at a concert, wondering what the setlist was going to give us, and got me extra excited for Ohana. I don’t typically like Jenn’s classes as much but you know she genuinely enjoyed the opportunity and that just added to wanting to see other PJ fans again. 

Wish they continued a bootleg series. Or, I need to figure out a way to clock in an outdoor run and mute the Peloton outdoor class audio so I can stream live shows in place of it.
  • Options
    I just did the Dennis Morton 30 minute Yoga Flow class.  Your enjoyment of this one will really depend on how much you like Unplugged.  Three tracks from Unplugged (Black, Even Flow and Alive) make appearances and I have to say I just do not like that version of Alive at all.  Post solo the drums just don't fit to me and it just feels so wrong.  So hearing this track really turns me off.  If you're into (or ambivalent towards) it though, it was a good class.  It definitely shouldn't be anyone's introduction to yoga, but all of the poses are fairly simple and don't require any crazy balance or contortion.

The only class I see myself revisiting after all this is Jenn Sherman's cycling class.  The energy was good the whole time and it really shows just how much I miss being at shows.

Here's hoping we can do this again sometime.
  • Options
    JBob87 said:
    Finally got to do the ride...have to eat some major crow on this one. Jenn did an amazing job, could tell she was authentically a huge fan. Was not expecting it to be all live tracks, what a great surprise. Opening w Can’t Keep and closing w Baba is legit. Awesome experience got the endorphins flowing big time.