Options

Matt Vaughan - Easy Street Records - Reminiscing about managing Gruntruck

1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
edited June 2021 in Other Music
I picked up the Gruntruck RSD Reissue of Push today (it’s fantastic) and started looking at some old stories online. I came across this article written recently by Matt Vaughan.  It’s a two part article about Gruntruck but there are some cool references to many other bands. In fact, PJ is pretty prominent in the article. Gruntruck opened for PJ the night the Evenflow video was shot. Fantastic read:

https://www.revolutioncomeandgone.com/articles/19/gruntruck-most-underrated-Seattle-grunge-band.php

Comments

• Options
    @Santos L. Halper

A little nod to Coffin Break in there as well 😉.  Festival date in Spokane that didn’t go as planned. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Very cool.  My local shop sold 4/5 Gruntruck LPs.  I think that reissue did really well. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Good read. What a history. One of the many bands that I don't know anything about. 
  • Options
    Very cool.  My local shop sold 4/5 Gruntruck LPs.  I think that reissue did really well. 
    My local shop had 2 and I grabbed one. I don’t think many people up here remember them. The RE sounds awesome. If there are any left you should grab one! 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Loujoe said:
    Good read. What a history. One of the many bands that I don't know anything about. 
    No doubt Lou. When the RSD list came out it reminded me of them (couple of us had the cd) and remembered  they were half of one of the mid-eighties grunge forefathers (for some reason I had TAD in my head but it was of course Skin Yard).  The RE is killer… just sounds amazing and takes me back to the early nineties when we blasted that CD (among others) and went to rock festivals whenever we could.