Eddie Vedder & Kurt Vonnegut

JHirschbeinJHirschbein Posts: 71
edited June 2021 in The Porch
Does anyone happen to have the old essay that Vedder wrote about Kurt Vonnegut? I think it was in Rolling Stone, but I’m not positive. I’d love to read it again if anyone can possibly help find it?
I appreciate anyone’s time and help.
Post edited by JHirschbein on

Comments

• pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 469
    This might fit the bill?  Vonnegut is only mentioned towards the end but I will include the entire letter, since it is a nice reminder how many artists (including Vonnegut) the band has introduced me to throughout the years.

• im an earim an ear San Diego, CA Posts: 245
    This might fit the bill?  Vonnegut is only mentioned towards the end but I will include the entire letter, since it is a nice reminder how many artists (including Vonnegut) the band has introduced me to throughout the years.

Thanks for posting this! 
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
    Does anyone happen to have the old essay that Vedder wrote about Kurt Vonnegut? I think it was in Rolling Stone, but I’m not positive. I’d love to read it again if anyone can possibly help find it?
    I appreciate anyone’s time and help.
    I’d love to see this too…
    San Diego, CA - 10/25/00, San Diego, CA - 7/7/06, Los Angeles, CA - 7/9/06, San Diego, CA - 4/15/08 (EV), San Diego, CA - 10/9/09, San Diego, CA - 7/5/11 (EV), San Diego, CA - 11/21/13
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689

Cool letter. I saw Pete Townshend at the Supper Club as well but it was on 1996. It was the first time I ever bought a ticket from a scalper. But I squeezed my way up front and got one of his used guitar picks. So it was worth it. 
  • Wow...Thanks so much for these posts. You guys are awesome. A friend of mine was at a show in which Vedder was handing out books from a box — and he was handed “Bluebeard” by Vonnegut. Anyone else here happen to have been there, or know what other titles he was handing out?
  • Any other Vonnegut books that Ed has mentioned - that anyone knows of?

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    im an ear said:

I definitely remember hearing (elsewhere) that cats cradle is (or, at least, was) his favourite book.