Options

POLL- The WEAKEST LINK: MOVIE SEQUELS - FINALS

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
So, I decided to pull some great sequels from my memory to discuss what we think is the BEST MOVIE SEQUEL from this list. Now I know that some of you may have other sequels that you think are better than all on the list, but lets just let this go for the time being. Pick the film that you think is the WEAKEST LINK from the ones provided and when we finish we can discuss if anyone has any that could maybe beat our winner here.

Now to the FINALS to determine the BEST MOVIE SEQUEL from the films listed.

You are going to pick the film that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the movie with the most votes. We will then crown our champion.

THE GODFATHER, PART II (1974)
ALIENS (1986) - Eliminated Round 3
EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN (1987) - Eliminated Round 1
THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) - Eliminated Round 4
STAR WARS: EPISODE V - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980)
TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY (1991) - Eliminated Round 4
MAD MAX 2: THE ROAD WARRIOR (1982) - Eliminated Round 2
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER (2014) - Eliminated Round 2
INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE (1989) - Eliminated Round 3
BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II (1989) - Eliminated Round 1

POLL- The WEAKEST LINK: MOVIE SEQUELS - FINALS 39 votes

THE GODFATHER, PART II
51%
mcgruff10PoncierLedbetterman10Thorns2010mfc2006JimmyVHesCalledDyererebusMedozKBLACK35eeriepadavePapbrianluxtempo_n_groovePJNBJojoRiceMatts3221Glorified KCJPPJ84West Coast Dreamgirl 20 votes
STAR WARS: EPISODE V - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
48%
darwinstheorybootlegger10markymark550Spiritual_Chaosjwhjr17BIGDaddyWilmickeyrattbergsdankindGern BlanstenRiotZactJohnny Abruzzoeddiecangry_skullF Me In The BrainHobbes1ThoughtKnownSmallestOceansbbiggs 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    The empire strikes back empire strikes back star wars GIF - Find on GIFER
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited May 2021
    I love both of these movies but one is more of a fun movie while the other is possibly my favorite movie all around.  Easy decision for me although ESB is awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Sorry, Empire. You're my favorite Star Wars movie, but GFII completes the greatest two-movie run in American cinema.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    eddiec said:
    Sorry, Empire. You're my favorite Star Wars movie, but GFII completes the greatest two-movie run in American cinema.

:joy:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    Dwell I must on this. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    The middle section of Empire when Luke is training with Yoda is boring as hell, but the entirety of GF2 is boring as hell so begrudgingly, I'd have to vote for Empire to win. Terminator 2 is my pick for best sequel though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    edited May 2021
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    I love GFII, but I love the De Niro as young Brando flashbacks much more than everything else. ESB I love beginning to end. The absolute creative highpoint of Star Wars. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    This one is going to be VERY close
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    MedozK said:
    A tie would be a fitting result.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    This is like picking yield or no code as your favorite album.  I love both movies but I m going Empire for the win.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited May 2021
    Star Wars and all the sequels suck.

EDIT - I only saw the first three, but I was so bored I assumed the “prequels” were just as bad and never watched them.  
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,776
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is like picking yield or no code as your favorite album.  I love both movies but I m going Empire for the win.  

as a sequel to vitalogy.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    MedozK said:
    I'm shocked it is.  I thought for sure we had more fanboys than this...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Star Wars and all the sequels suck.

EDIT - I only saw the first three, but I was so bored I assumed the “prequels” were just as bad and never watched them.  
    A New Hope is a great (And iconic) matiné adventure. On its own.

I don't feel the sequels are that needed. Anything told in those movies aren't needed.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    MedozK said:
    I can't believe we have such a high percentage of people who prefer a movie like ESB over a film like GFII.  
    I do love star wars and I am a fantasy nerd, but the real world is still more interesting to me.  :lol:.   
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    Tied it up! 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Argh, I don't know. Two completely different types of movies. I know ESB almost by heart, but GFII was a great movie. ESB leaves you with a cliffhanger ending though so maybe based on that I vote against it? GFII doesn't demand a follow-up movie, but if done right could have been great. I guess if I look at which one outshines it's predecessor, eh, probably neither. Popcorn entertainment value goes to ESB, but content goes to GFII. I think I'm going to have to flip a coin on this.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    MedozK said:
    I can't believe we have such a high percentage of people who prefer a movie like ESB over a film like GFII.  
    I do love star wars and I am a fantasy nerd, but the real world is still more interesting to me.  :lol:.   
    That is NOT the real world, lol.  Even when it was really going on it wasn't THAT bad.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    That is NOT the real world, lol.  Even when it was really going on it wasn't THAT bad.

It is not populated by aliens and robots, with people who control shit with their minds, dude, c'mon.  :)   You know what I am saying.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited May 2021
    MedozK said:
    I didn't move away from Brooklyn too long ago, and the shit was still going strong when I left.

Hell, one of the only reasons I thought it would be a good idea to leave is that I didn't want my kids getting involved with their kids. I always gave a wide berth to the well suited and gold ringed and track suited and gold chained. And when I couldn't -- usually because we were both at the bakery/butcher/whathaveyou at the same time (only one of us paying for our goods, of course; I imagine the goons were there to collect "rent") -- I always made sure that my daughter smiled at the "nice man" (i.e., ruthless killer) if one noticed her in her stroller.

Yeah, the whole hush hush Lucali pizzaiolo attempted murder went down when I was there. These fucking scum are still out there in great numbers, and they're still above the law.

And the gruesome stories of violence and gore from the old timers are much worse than anything that Hollywood has even imagined. Human beings processed through meat grinders, cased into sausages, and sent to their families. Hearts cut out and nailed to front doors. Just fucking scum!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    My old man grew up in Manhattan and had lots of stories as a full blooded Italian with his parents fresh off of the boat (well, they came off the boat as children, so they were aligned with the timing shown in GF).  They were not involved but it was all around and a very real thing.  As Dankind shares, shit still is real.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    My old man grew up in Manhattan and had lots of stories as a full blooded Italian with his parents fresh off of the boat (well, they came off the boat as children, so they were aligned with the timing shown in GF).  They were not involved but it was all around and a very real thing.  As Dankind shares, shit still is real.
    Were they given the wrong last name too? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Not that I know of.  
  • Options
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    MedozK said:

It is not populated by aliens and robots, with people who control shit with their minds, dude, c'mon.  :)   You know what I am saying.

Ya think I was saying that Light Sabers are real?

Cmon.  You know what I meant, lol...
  • Options
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    I didn't move away from Brooklyn too long ago, and the shit was still going strong when I left.

Hell, one of the only reasons I thought it would be a good idea to leave is that I didn't want my kids getting involved with their kids. I always gave a wide berth to the well suited and gold ringed and track suited and gold chained. And when I couldn't -- usually because we were both at the bakery/butcher/whathaveyou at the same time (only one of us paying for our goods, of course; I imagine the goons were there to collect "rent") -- I always made sure that my daughter smiled at the "nice man" (i.e., ruthless killer) if one noticed her in her stroller.

Yeah, the whole hush hush Lucali pizzaiolo attempted murder went down when I was there. These fucking scum are still out there in great numbers, and they're still above the law.

And the gruesome stories of violence and gore from the old timers are much worse than anything that Hollywood has even imagined. Human beings processed through meat grinders, cased into sausages, and sent to their families. Hearts cut out and nailed to front doors. Just fucking scum!
    I'm shocked that they still got away with that.  Everyone I know that was involved said everything changed.  It's all about business' and companies now to syphon money.  Lottery tickets, padded accounts, cash business'.  All relatively small time things.

Gone are the days of cutting someone up.  That is what MS13 does now.
  • Options
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    Friend I went to school with, her grandfather spoke better English than his brother.  When asking for their name at the docks it helped one of them out.  So one had the last name of Mela and the other Apple.
  • Options
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    I'm curious if these were more stories than anything?  The gangsters of that time never wanted to be known and were quite well behaved.  They didn't want attention drawn to them.  My Grandfather was a bartender during the era and had a many a story too.  Quiet was how he described the mob men that would come in his bar.  The flamboyance of Gotti was something I remember the other crime families having a problem with.

What they did among the crime world was a given.  I always had a problem w what they did to the average Joe.
  • Options
    I'm curious if these were more stories than anything?  The gangsters of that time never wanted to be known and were quite well behaved.  They didn't want attention drawn to them.  My Grandfather was a bartender during the era and had a many a story too.  Quiet was how he described the mob men that would come in his bar.  The flamboyance of Gotti was something I remember the other crime families having a problem with.

What they did among the crime world was a given.  I always had a problem w what they did to the average Joe.

No, he had things he was involved in/around but nothing like what happened in that movie, himself...just people that did shit like that.  My pop was long gone by the time Gotti was a boss and doing all of those things.  It was more that he knew people growing up who were all in that and became part of that for real when they were young men.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    Tough choice
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    THE GODFATHER, PART II
    MedozK said: