Options

Pearl Jam/The Smashing Pumpkins on the same bill?

We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 441
Other than the tours in the early 90s, anyone know if they've ever been on the same bill?

I bought a GA ticket for Sea Hear Now yesterday. PJ & the Pumpkins are my 2 favorite bands. Going with my cousin, who has never seen either one live. I can't wait. I'm hoping it happens.
If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org

Comments

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    Smashing Pumpkins minus D'Arcy (billed as Billy and James but Jimmy also played iirc) and Pearl Jam both played the 1999 Bridge School Benefit.
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 441
    Smashing Pumpkins minus D'Arcy (billed as Billy and James but Jimmy also played iirc) and Pearl Jam both played the 1999 Bridge School Benefit.
    You are correct!
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    And I don't think D'Arcy will ever play again. So its as complete as you'll get. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    That ‘91 billing looked pretty epic. Pearl Jam/Pumpkins/Chili Peppers. Then a handful of Pearl Jam/Nirvana/Chili Peppers. And before that tour it was Pearl Jam/AIC!! 

Anyone invent that time machine yet?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,763
    Went to the pj sp rhcp. Back then could care less about pj. Was all about rhcp. Whoops. To make a short story loooong...I went in super early with my bud to buy tix off the street. Got 2 legit pair easy from a shady seller maybe 50 each. Police thought we were buying drugs, talked to us a bit. Mistake 1...Went back to nj to meet my other friend after she got off work to take to the show, if I just stayed in ny, went myself I'd have seen and gotten hooked by an early pj show.
    Later that tour my friend saw that show in Oregon and told me pj was the best of all three bands. I understand now...they just seemed too commercial and popular for me then. What did I know. 
    At least I had fun with my friend, and got a long boring story to tell!
  • Options
    Haha love the story Loujoe! Did you catch SP or only RHCP?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,314
    Loujoe said:
    Went to the pj sp rhcp. Back then could care less about pj. Was all about rhcp. Whoops. To make a short story loooong...I went in super early with my bud to buy tix off the street. Got 2 legit pair easy from a shady seller maybe 50 each. Police thought we were buying drugs, talked to us a bit. Mistake 1...Went back to nj to meet my other friend after she got off work to take to the show, if I just stayed in ny, went myself I'd have seen and gotten hooked by an early pj show.
    Later that tour my friend saw that show in Oregon and told me pj was the best of all three bands. I understand now...they just seemed too commercial and popular for me then. What did I know. 
    At least I had fun with my friend, and got a long boring story to tell!
    RHCP were more commercial at that time than PJ was though
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,763
    True.  I had a couple of older friends back then that saw the rhcp like crazy.  They got me all hyped up about them!!!

I guess I thought that because all the girls liked ev they were like another 'boy' band. I was wrong!
    Yes saw some SP,  but not really my taste either..  I'd see that show a lot differently now. 
    Hope OP gets to enjoy this with cousin someday!
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    Loujoe said:
    True.  I had a couple of older friends back then that saw the rhcp like crazy.  They got me all hyped up about them!!!

I guess I thought that because all the girls liked ev they were like another 'boy' band. I was wrong!
    Yes saw some SP,  but not really my taste either..  I'd see that show a lot differently now. 
    Hope OP gets to enjoy this with cousin someday!
    This is one of the funniest comments I’ve ever read when referring to PJ! 
  • Options
    :lol: what boy bands were around in ‘91? 
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,647
    New Kids On The Block, Bell Biv Devoe, Color Me Badd, and Boyz II Men to name a few.
  • Options
    mvw said:
    New Kids On The Block, Bell Biv Devoe, Color Me Badd, and Boyz II Men to name a few.
    Fair enough! Thanks for the education 👍🏻