Options

Live On 4 Legs Episodes - West Coast Touring Series: Vancouver 2005

Comments

• Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 930
    today today is the 10th anniversary of the first Wrigley show, but on Sunday it was the 10th of this forgotten gem in London, Ontario. 

This should be a vault someday. Anyone else agree?

here’s the ep:
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,343
    London, Ontario, 2013 was a great show in a smaller yet first class hockey arena.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited July 2023
    Crazy good show - and underrated as your podcast states. It'd be great to get am official bootleg for this show. 
    I can't believe "Bagel" had an extra ticket! I paid an arm and a leg through StubHub (in terms of 2013 prices, anyway) to get tickets for my brother-in-law and me to attend. I wasn't a 10c member quite yet for that and got shut out of the TM sale. However, a decade later I have no regrets in paying what I did - which again wasn't THAT bad in terms of costs nowadays.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    It’s not often that we cover 2007 shows, but here we are!

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Ever wonder what the lava lamp inventor liked to do for fun? We’ll discuss, it involves hardcore nudity. That, and a great show from 2000

Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

• Options
    The first show at the UC happening next month since 2009! Here is the episode for the first night from that back to back

• Options
    Lots of fun stuff in this episode, especially if you are a fan of Cameron fills.

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 696
    Good job on your Barrie episode - it was fun reliving that show.
  • Options
    ST66483 said:
    Good job on your Barrie episode - it was fun reliving that show.
    Thanks! Hope you enjoyed the fills.

• Options
    More 1998 this week!

• Options
    If you’re looking for Pearl Jam content to listen to on the way from city to city, perhaps we can help? This week we are covering Birmingham, a classic show and one of the best bootleg quality audio of the time. We’ll discuss the 2023 tour right from the start of the episode and hypothesize how an inclusion of a new song could be added to the sets.

• Options
    Prep for next week’s Austin shows:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    my bad I skipped last week. Here’s the two newest episodes

• Options
    Best crowd in Canada. Winnipeg 2005

• Options
    Here is our Ohana Encore night 2 episode!

• Options
    Happy Vs 30th today! We celebrated by talking about the show that kickstarted the era of the sophomore record. The surprise Slim’s show featured nine song debuts and a bevy of deep cuts and snippets of random covers. This is a good episode, and I’ll use that “must listen” label for this one.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    edited October 2023
    Weird case the guy mentioned was called a ‘eco pak’ because it used less plastic. The cover art isn’t behind plastic. Kind of like a mini LP. Still have mine. Just Pearl Jam on the spine. 

Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Weird case the guy mentioned was called a ‘eco pak’ because it used less plastic. The cover art isn’t behind plastic. Kind of like a mini LP. Still have mine. Just Pearl Jam on the spine. 

The guy being John right? The co-host of the show?

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

The guy being John right? The co-host of the show?
    Yep, John! That's him! : ) 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    One of my favorite bootlegs. I hope this show gets the Vault treatment. But it might be another case of the bootleg being better than what the band has to put out.
  • Options
    One of my favorite bootlegs. I hope this show gets the Vault treatment. But it might be another case of the bootleg being better than what the band has to put out.
    I'm unsure if the band even has this.

• Options
    I see that Hartford 2013 is up. Nice! Very solid show with many great performances. Haven’t listened just yet (just woke up!) but I’m really hoping at least one of you included that performance of “Immortality” in your top 3!!! 
  • Options
    rummy said:
    I see that Hartford 2013 is up. Nice! Very solid show with many great performances. Haven’t listened just yet (just woke up!) but I’m really hoping at least one of you included that performance of “Immortality” in your top 3!!! 
    It’s a great Immortality that probably got a little shafted based off of all the other discussion points happening. But I’ll explain how that song skyrocketed into my favorites on that tour.

oh yeah, here’s the episode

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,256
    Hartford 2013 is a top show for me, maybe bested only by the second Seattle "home" show. It's on the list of top ten best nights of my life, for sure. The crowd was the loudest I've ever heard. Insane energy.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    Hartford 2013 is a top show for me, maybe bested only by the second Seattle "home" show. It's on the list of top ten best nights of my life, for sure. The crowd was the loudest I've ever heard. Insane energy.
    +1

Looking forward to listening. 
  • Options
    Hartford 2013 really is a special show.  Easily my favorite show attended in the last 10 years and probably the best show I saw since maybe Ottawa 2005.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    rummy said:
    It’s a great Immortality that probably got a little shafted based off of all the other discussion points happening. But I’ll explain how that song skyrocketed into my favorites on that tour.

The Hartford 2013 Immortality (and the one from Oslo 2012) is, imho, the best performance of the song since at least 2006 - maybe even 2000!

BTW, considering both studio and live versions of every PJ song, I rank Immortality at #1.

Edit: Buffalo 2013 is pretty damn good, too.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    rummy said:
    rummy said:

The Hartford 2013 Immortality (and the one from Oslo 2012) is, imho, the best performance of the song since at least 2006 - maybe even 2000!

BTW, considering both studio and live versions of every PJ song, I rank Immortality at #1.

I love ballpark versions of Immortality. Fenway 2016 was explosive for one. there are so many great ones in every era though. Immortality probably stands at #4 for me at the moment but has been as high as #2. Buffalo was great, no one talks about it though.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    rummy said:
    rummy said:

I love ballpark versions of Immortality. Fenway 2016 was explosive for one. there are so many great ones in every era though. Immortality probably stands at #4 for me at the moment but has been as high as #2. Buffalo was great, no one talks about it though.
    The 2016 Wrigley version that's a bonus track from Let's Play Two is a solid version, as well. I forgot about that one!
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    New episode for this week is Charlottesville 2013! Now, I know a lot of people LOVE this show, and I fully get why. But outside the rarities and amount of songs that were played, there is a storyline to be discussed in this one that potentially no one thinks about when talking about this show. Walking into a lion’s den here, let’s see how it goes!