Options

Live On 4 Legs Episodes - West Coast Touring Series: Vancouver 2005

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edited November 2023
    So excited to listen and find out what the lion's den issue is!  I just know that 2 of my favorite epic shows, the setlist was NOT done by Ed.  Charlottesville's setlist was made by Stone. So that adds to the intrigue for me!

The other one was Hartford 2008. Another show I don't know that anyone expected great things from but we were all blown away. That setlist was Jeff, and it slayed us! So interesting that these mold-breaking setlists for several shows were done by Stone or Jeff, maybe other setlists were Mike or Matt or Boom?  Do we know of any and how were those shows?
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    Today’s episode is San Diego 1993 with a pretty awesome improv known around these parts as Hold Me. Hope you check it out.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 930
    edited November 2023
    We spend this episode talking about the one and only time that Ed got arrested after an altercation in the French Quarter of New Orleans. After a fan’s persistent pestering following him out of a bar, Ed spat in his face and was taken in for public drunkenness and disturbing the peace. 

MLB Cy Young Award winner and good friend of Ed’s Jack McDowell joins our episode today to talk about the incident and tell a few great stories about Ed. The uncut version of that interview coming soon!

oh yeah, and we’ll do the setlist thing for 11/17/1993 as usual!

Post edited by Sobelberg8 on
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Options
    I just realized that I haven’t updated this in a few weeks to reflect the new episodes. If interested, feel free to check out Nacogdoches, Vegas Night 2 and Vancouver all from 1993. Hopefully you’re all subscribed and won’t need that reminder :)

I think you guys will enjoy this week, because I’m sure many of you were there. The last two episodes of the year will be both Chicago shows from September, kicking off with night 1 that came out today. Great stories to share from this one, which we dubbed as an instant classic.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    And here is our full episode on night two from Chicago!

• Options
    Happy New Year. Let’s kick off with a solid show from 2000

• Options
    If there was anything even near the level of show being as cold as the Ice Bowl, it was this. Temperatures almost below 40 on an April night in Alabama? You’d never would’ve guessed it.

oh, and this is the debut of One Note

• Options
    Sorry, have been MIA here for a few weeks. If you want to check out some of the last few episodes (Prague 2006, Melbourne 3 2006, Columbus 2010) you can find them on our archive on any of the podcast platforms you choose to listen on. This week is Nashville 2022, I know many of you were there. So enjoy!

• Options
    To celebrate the hype of the brand new single, last night we held a listening party and forum where all of us got to share our instant reaction to the song. And since there is a lot to discuss, of course we had to put it out as a podcast episode. We try to look at this from every angle possible and dissect what makes this song so good!

• Options
    A new album and song are great, but the thing that makes it all worth the while is the tour to celebrate everything. We break down all of the dates and put it into context within their history, and mostly just fuel some excitement for a big year!

• Options
    Sorry no posts for the past two weeks. The boards haven’t been loading on my phone. This week we did Brooklyn Night 1 2013 and we have a great guest on. Former Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center COO Fred Mangione joins us to chat about booking Pearl Jam in Brooklyn with stiff competition from the Garden. It’s great insight, and he’ll talk about how the band was set to play Brooklyn again in 2016 before the Garden swooped in and snagged it away. Great interview that you guys should absolutely check out.

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    This Brooklyn show was the absolute LOUDEST concert I've ever been to. I felt like my ears were going to bleed from the harmonica on Footsteps. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,078
    Brooklyn 2013 is the place where I got my all-time favorite t-shirt, the black shirt with the Brooklyn Bridge on it. I was able to pick up tickets so early and easily picked it up. All day, people were asking me about the shirt.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    Sorry no posts for the past two weeks. The boards haven’t been loading on my phone. This week we did Brooklyn Night 1 2013 and we have a great guest on. Former Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center COO Fred Mangione joins us to chat about booking Pearl Jam in Brooklyn with stiff competition from the Garden. It’s great insight, and he’ll talk about how the band was set to play Brooklyn again in 2016 before the Garden swooped in and snagged it away. Great interview that you guys should absolutely check out.

I was in GA for this one!  

My first Oceans :smiley:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 404

Was also in GA for night 1. great concert, but night 2 was even better in my opinion.
  • Options
    This Brooklyn show was the absolute LOUDEST concert I've ever been to. I felt like my ears were going to bleed from the harmonica on Footsteps. 
    That one was night 2. I much prefer that set to this one

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    axeljohan said:

Was also in GA for night 1. great concert, but night 2 was even better in my opinion.
    I loved the set for night 2 but I was sitting up top so it couldn't compare! 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Incredible nights with amazing set lists. N1 opening with Pendulum straight into Release was fucking incredible! later to be blessed with Chloe / Crown of thorns in the main set. Opening the Encore with Oceans was completely unexpected and just felt right. Amazing performance of Sleight of Hand that night as well. Definitely for me one of my top 5 shows. 
  • Options
    Have you ever had a regrettable moment at a Pearl Jam show? I have, and it caused me to miss the first 8 songs in the set. Why did I let this happen? You’ll have to tune in to hear me embarrass myself.

• Options
    Having some tough, but necessary conversations in this episode as we talk about Pearl Jam’s history supporting women’s rights from this Rock For Choice benefit show that took place in Pensacola in 1994

• Options
    New song? Well, we can’t sit there and do nothing! We put together a zoom chat with some of our friends and listeners to discuss and react to the song, and because we create content, we put it up on the podcast feed:

Also, here is our weekly episode on Eindhoven 1992:

• Options
    The last show before the death of Kurt Cobain happened in Rochester in 1994. Lots to discuss with the era, and in this one we’ll talk about the second performance of Corudory.

• Options
    Jam packed this week. We were able to record a little bit about Dark Matter after the film from last night, so you’ll get to hear our reactions. More will come tomorrow as we’re hosting a round table over Zoom that everyone is invited to (DM for more info)

but the episode content is rather important too as we cover and discuss Dave A’s final show in the band on the 1994 tour closer at the Paramount Theater. There was a lot of uncertainty at the time due to the aftermath of Cobain’s death whether or not they’d continue as a band after this. We’ll share quotes from a disgruntled Ed during a pre-show interview from that night, and we’ll touch up on some recent comments that Dave A made about his exit from the band.

• Options
    In all of this Dark Matter, we as a community come together to celebrate  Pearl Jam’s 12th studio album. It’s a special time for us, and as their music continues to inspire, we keep finding new things to latch on to. Here’s what we had to say about it:

• Options
    The next six weeks will be all shows from the spots that the band will be headed in May. Kicking off with Vancouver, since they’ll be kicking off with Vancouver. Let’s do 2005, the great Canadian tour. We’ll also react, respond to the Howard Stern convo and performances.

🥔