Options

Live On 4 Legs Episodes - Dark Matter Fan Round Table

Comments

• Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 929
    Countdown to shows continues, the next couple weeks will be shows in locations their headed to in May. This week is Phoenix from the 2000 tour. Didn’t know much about this one coming into it, and the history of Phoenix shows may not be as in depth as other cities. But like every show it has its moments to take away from it. Probably overshadowed by Vegas from the next night, but maybe you’ll find something in this one that you’ll like.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    Hopin for a 2023 Hartford date if there's Fenway shows...
    They loved it the last two times, I’d think they’d be itching to go back for sure
    For sure - they were feelin the Van Halen!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Great version of long road if i'm not mistaken - one of the easiest and nicest songs to learn how to play on guitar :)

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Great version of long road if i'm not mistaken - one of the easiest and nicest songs to learn how to play on guitar :)
    Touring Band 2000 version
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Options
    Oh that's right! What's weird to me is that according to the setlist, it's mid first set. I always assumed that it was an opener only. 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Oh that's right! What's weird to me is that according to the setlist, it's mid first set. I always assumed that it was an opener only. 
    Where are you getting that information from? Cite here: https://livefootsteps.org/setlist/?show_id=548

• Options
    Ok that makes way more sense, especially with touring band, where it obviously looks like it's the opening track. The tour history on pearljam.com says corduroy is the first track lol

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    I was there and 99% sure it opened.
  • Options
    yeah apologies the setlist on here screwed me over lol

• Options
    Ok that makes way more sense, especially with touring band, where it obviously looks like it's the opening track. The tour history on pearljam.com says corduroy is the first track lol
    Didn’t hear this from me, but there are inconsistencies there.. go look up the No Code track listing from the site

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 578
    Thin Air on TB2000 is also from this show. I was there, and it was a beautiful night!
  • Options
    Thin Air on TB2000 is also from this show. I was there, and it was a beautiful night!
    If you listened to the episode you’d know I knew that 😉

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,766
    We were bumped up to the front. Killer. Stole a tamborine out of Ed's hand intended for someone else. He looked as though he was going to jump on my head. Gave it back! funny I still remember that glare...that was before he toured with cases of tamborines to throw into the crowd. It's only rock and roll. Funny.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    Not for the people on the lawn. That thunderstorm was something else!

• Options
    Continuing to build up to the tour dates, this week is the Sacramento 1995 show. A great show that’s sandwiched in between an instant classic and and an infamous classic. We have on some guests that relived that night too with great detail. Hope you get a chance to listen, we’re here to get everyone excited!

• Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 340
    edited April 2022
    Continuing to build up to the tour dates, this week is the Sacramento 1995 show. A great show that’s sandwiched in between an instant classic and and an infamous classic. We have on some guests that relived that night too with great detail. Hope you get a chance to listen, we’re here to get everyone excited!

Sweet. My full first show. Never have listened to it.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173
    Sacramento 1995 was probably my best experience at a PJ show. Once the sun went down it was one of the best outdoor shows I've ever been to. Cal Expo Amphitheater was a great little venue. Now I'm going to re-watch this show on youtube.
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    gerald605 said:
    Sacramento 1995 was probably my best experience at a PJ show. Once the sun went down it was one of the best outdoor shows I've ever been to. Cal Expo Amphitheater was a great little venue. Now I'm going to re-watch this show on youtube.
    And not listen to the pod?  :'(

• Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 173
    I did but not the entire pod, yet
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    Our goal with this was to take all of the live comps and create a top 10 out of them in order to have a list that you could give to a friend who hasn’t experienced them live, or a group of songs to get you fired up for the tour. Lots of good debate and banter, it’s worth your listen.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    This weekend the band plays the Forum in LA, so in an incredible coincidence, we were set to make this month our Vault month. So let’s kill two birds with one stone here! This week’s episode is the 1998 Great Western Forum Vault show. Is it one of the best vault shows? Does it have the best versions of Brain or J and In Hiding? It very may well have!

Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    "That's an old song, this is a new song, it's Evolution baby, let's see how it works......"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Here is a review and recap of the San Diego show. Everything from how the theme of the night was interwoven throughout coming full circle with the Mamasan at the end to some of the most powerful performances like Long Road and River Cross. we’ll also discuss if this is nearing the end of the fast out of the gate rockers to start a show.

this is the only reaction episode that will be on regular platforms. Each remaining episode covering the shows will be on the subscription service. We aren’t doing it because we don’t want everyone to have access to it, it’s because we had made an initial promise to people back in 2020 that this would be a major part of what they’d get back through signing up. I want to do right by them. If you want to pitch in $1 to keep up, head here - http://Patreon.com/liveon4legs

• Options
    Reaction episodes are really ramping up here! We take to discussing what happened this past weekend. Here are some topics:

- does the one encore limit songs like Rearviewmirror from being played if Porch is inevitably there to close every main set?

- are they not mixing enough Gigaton in? No Alright or Comes Then Goes, or a return to River Cross or Retrograde. Three on night 2 seemed light!

- how incredible was Mike on night 2?!

- the fan list… great idea. But could it have been a chance to turn a good show into an instant classic?

- what’s next for Phoenix?

https://liveon4legs.com/podcast/pearl-jam-2022-tour-reaction-los-angeles-ca/

all reaction episodes from this point forward are subscription exclusives to help out the podcast tour expenses and documentary. Have been told it is worth $1 to pitch in for the month, but don’t take my word for it. Give it a shot to help out fellow PJ fans working hard to build up your excitement for this tour!

• Options
    New reaction episode is out for the Phoenix show. Here are some of the topics we discuss:

- poignant speeches from Ed all night, anything from freedom of choice to voting rights and a warm introduction to his niece Molly

- still pretty short on Gigaton. When will there be a massive explosion of songs from that record? We need more Retrograde and River Cross!

- while it’s never a bad thing to have Black in a set, at the expense of In Hiding hurts big time.

- evergreen comment until it’s played, where the hell is Rearviewmirror?!?!?

check out the reaction episode, it is subscription based, but if you need to fill your desire for PJ content it is well worth it.

https://liveon4legs.com/podcast/pearl-jam-2022-tour-reaction-phoenix-glendale-az/

• Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 531
    Radiohead doesn't charge for albums and this guy is hawking a podcast on the back of the Pearl Jam bandwagon. Mind you, at one point I contributed more than a dollar and for several months to this... and now the profiteering...

first its "we had made an initial promise to people back in 2020 that this would be a major part of what they’d get back through signing up. I want to do right by them"

then....."
    subscription exclusives to help out the podcast tour expenses and documentary. Have been told it is worth $1"

finally..."
     it is subscription based, but if you need to fill your desire for PJ content it is well worth it."

Bill Simmons doesn't charge for his podcast! Marc Maron doesn't charge. What is this craziness!?!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    WW187806 said:
    Radiohead doesn't charge for albums and this guy is hawking a podcast on the back of the Pearl Jam bandwagon. Mind you, at one point I contributed more than a dollar and for several months to this... and now the profiteering...

first its "we had made an initial promise to people back in 2020 that this would be a major part of what they’d get back through signing up. I want to do right by them"

then....."subscription exclusives to help out the podcast tour expenses and documentary. Have been told it is worth $1"

finally..." it is subscription based, but if you need to fill your desire for PJ content it is well worth it."

Bill Simmons doesn't charge for his podcast! Marc Maron doesn't charge. What is this craziness!?!
    If you wanted to address any of these matters, you could contact me personally instead shouting them on a public forum.

• Options
    Vault series continues! Mt. Baker Theatre from 2000. Is it coincidence that the band announce the Vic vault release while we continue our coverage? Probably, but all great timing. Check this out if you want to get the full story on seven Binaural live debuts

• Options
    Very rarely do you get to hear a story about MTV Unplugged from a person in attendance that wasn’t in the band. We looked far and wide for months without any success, and then finally on the date when our initial episode aired, someone reached out to us and told us he was there that night. Ken Lesnik joined us to talk about the improbable journey to get there that night. It’s a fascinating story, and since today is the 30th anniversary of the first airing of the show, there’s no more appropriate time than today. If only something crazy just happened that would prevent people from checking this out today…

• Options
    Wednesday will mark five years since the death of Chris Cornell. It’s a weird sensation to be reminded of that something that feels like it happened yesterday was that long ago. We pay tribute to him this week discussing a special moment that linked him to Pearl Jam.