Options

Pearl Jam Alive 12" Single confirmed for RSD Drop 1 (Now moved to drop 2)

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023

• Options

• Options
    demetrios said:

For those that don't Instagram ..

• Options
    30 years today Pearl Jam released Alive. 
  • Options
    Alive RSD vinyl copies already selling on eBay. :/
    Two sold @ $39.99 US.

• Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 572
    demetrios said:
    Two sold @ $39.99 US.

I saw that. They went pretty quick too. Figuring w/ 18K available they shouldn't be too tough to track down. The cassette seems to be fetching more than the vinyl.

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Really looking forward to the random drop of a few copies in the 10C store followed by eight different threads of people questioning the value of their membership. 
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    demetrios said:
    Two sold @ $39.99 US.

I saw that. They went pretty quick too. Figuring w/ 18K available they shouldn't be too tough to track down. The cassette seems to be fetching more than the vinyl.

Think the seller had 2 copies up? The Alive vinyl should be easy to pick up. The cassette tape will be a little tricky to find if copies make their way across the globe.
  • Options
    Record Store Day is Saturday, July 17th, 2021
    This year marks the 30th anniversary of Pearl Jam’s iconic debut album, Ten
    Alive” was the first single off of the album and to celebrate it is being reissued as both a 12” vinyl and cassette single on Saturday July 17, 2021

The “Alive” cassette is a replica of the cassette that was originally used during the time of release and includes the promo version of “Alive”, “Wash”, and “I’ve Got A Feeling ”.

The 12” vinyl has four tracks (“Alive”, “Wash”, “I’ve Got A Feeling”, and “Dirty Frank”) included on side A while side B has an etching of the band’s ‘Stick Man’ logo.

Both RSD 2021 releases will be available in limited quantity for Ten Club Members only next Saturday, July 17th at 10 AM PT. Limit 1 of each item per member.

Support your local record store!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Both RSD 2021 releases will be available in limited quantity for Ten Club Members only next Saturday, July 17th at 10 AM PT. Limit 1 of each item per member.

• Options
    turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 147
    Has anyone seen who cut the 12” single or any runout info? I’ve watched a few RSD videos but haven’t seen the single mentioned at all.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    I've noticed they don't put RSD first or exclusive anymore. I believe this was an rsd first. But I could be wrong
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I don't know that if both 24k + copies are sold this weekend if it'll be enough to get on the Billboard Hot 100. But it will be cool if it did since Alive was always Bubbling under the Hot 100 back then.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I've noticed they don't put RSD first or exclusive anymore. I believe this was an rsd first. But I could be wrong

Don't believe it was a RSD release. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

I could have sworn it said RSD first when it was announced
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    demetrios said:
    igotid88 said:

I could have sworn it said RSD first when it was announced
    It's RSD first. Same with the cassettes.

• Options
    So then they will make more cassettes and 12" after?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,487
    They made more of the Unplugged (I think?). In the past, RSD First usually meant there were the RSD copies and the 10C allotment when it came to Pearl Jam releases.
  • Options
    They made more of the Unplugged (I think?). In the past, RSD First usually meant there were the RSD copies and the 10C allotment when it came to Pearl Jam releases.
    The Unplugged was an exclusive. So the fact they made more was puzzling 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    The Unplugged was an exclusive. So the fact they made more was puzzling 

It was weird. The 2nd round was released in Europe. 
  • Options

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026

Score. I guess our local record store chain thought that this was part of the June RSD drop and put them on sale as soon as they got them in stock.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    mrk2 said:

Score. I guess our local record store chain thought that this was part of the June RSD drop and put them on sale as soon as they got them in stock.
    Sweet!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    igotid88 said:
    So then they will make more cassettes and 12" after?

probably not, but it gives them options where people complain less if they do decided to reissue it at some point :)
  • Options
    mrk2 said:

• Options
    $17.99 US. Nice!

• Options