Options

Clarice (TV show)

Just wondering if anyone else has been following this show (5 episodes in now) that follows Clarice Starling a year after the events of Silence Of The Lambs?

I’ve been enjoying it so far myself even though it’s a bit uneven at times and has some clumsy writing, lol. I’m glad it not just going to be about serial killers though it was disappointing to read that they can’t even name many of the characters that feature in the movie (Jack Crawford and most awkwardly the cannibal Lecter) due to rights issues.

Visually they are definitely drawing inspiration from the show Hannibal at times, that show was just straight-up art in my opinion, lol.
"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022

Comments

• Options
    What channel is this on Darth?
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    It's on CBS in the US. Not sure about international channels.

I had forgotten this was coming out, but it really intrigued me when I saw the trailer. I haven't had the time to watch it yet. Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple of weeks to watch.
  • Options
    Sounds good
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Thanks markymark550, I really should have included what channel it’s on in my opening post. Here in Canada it airs on Global.

Glad I didn’t include any real spoilers, though that may change, lol.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    I was very excited for this show. Although it has not been all I hoped it would be, I will finish it out. The last episode (5) was by far the best in my opinion. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,917
    Been watching. It's ok but not great. It's currently doing just enough to keep me tuned in. I love the movie but verdict is still out about the show. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    D’oh, I apologize for being neglectful of my thread, didn’t post about the new episodes in April or last week, lol. New episode tonight, then 2 more sometime in June to finish the season. Been reading the show will move to the streaming service Paramount+ for the second season (not sure how I’ll be able to watch in Canada, lol).

Once I accepted the corporate conspiracy I’ve been able to enjoy the show much more and now I laugh instead of get irritated with how they reference Lecter, lol.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,315
    I like it
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,315
    Moving to Paramount Plus
    I miss igotid88