Pod: Hawaii 2006

The newest Live On 4 Legs episode drops today where we’ll go in-depth on an important show from the Avocado tour. The band closed out a rigorous touring year by visiting the home state of Boom Gaspar and paying tribute to the big man throughout. Can you remember another time where Boom got to directly address the crowd? The band was in good spirits this night playing songs fitting for their favorite B3 organist such as Crazy Mary and Love Boat Captain and performing tracks fitting for Hawaii like Oceans, Big Wave, a solo Ed uke performance of You’re True and a cover of Hawaii 78.

To listen, follow/subscribe to our podcast on the platform most convenient to you - Apple, Spotify, Stitcher... all of the above.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    In addition to this, I brought something up in this episode about a fan made stop motion/poorly early 2000s computer graphics video mocking Stone’s reaction to Boom joining the band. It was pretty hilarious and I know I’ve seen it shared on this forum before. If this still exists someone please share!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• Ed's comments about veterans in the crowd during this show I thought were really well said and moving.
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    Ed's comments about veterans in the crowd during this show I thought were really well said and moving.
    I think that gets forgotten about any time anyone makes an anti-war comment or protests is that they are automatically assumed to be anti-troops, which is almost never the case. The Chicago Seven (I forget the actual name) movie does an excellent job of bringing it all around back to that - a bunch of guys who were seen as rambunctious protesters who at the end of the day just didn’t want to see their friends and Americans die for a war they didn’t choose to enlist in. It’s powerful stuff.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Gem of a show. 
    www.cluthelee.com