3/10/94

jushooksjushooks Posts: 108
edited March 2021 in Lost Dogs

My first show, 27 years ago today.  Does anyone here actually own this one?  Only 100 made.  Possibly the rarest PJ poster ever?
Post edited by jushooks on

Comments

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I know of a few people who have an original,  Mostly band related folks, promoters and venue connected people got them back in the day. I have never seen a run number associated with it.  The artist said it was a limited run, never gave me numbers.

From Shelley:  
    This was a extremely limited pressing given to members of the band and crew of the last show at Chicago Stadium. It is a mixture of old and new techniques (at the time, digital was still pretty new).

"The folks at Jam had me create the poster as a memento of this historic last show at the Stadium. We did a very small run, giving it to the band, and people that worked on the show. I have a copy framed on my wall
    Since this was done in 94, it was a combination of cut and paste and computer. Not sure what was what. All my earlier work was hand done. But I'm sure you can tell that about it. It was 11x17. Standard poster size. "
  • Looks like they were all signed by the artist.
    ...........and Evelyn ❤️

There are copies of this print, authorized & unauthorized, beware buying anything without researching the provenance. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,558
    they were authorized to use the bulls logo on the poster?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    My first show too!  Where it all began!
    I always wondered on the Bulls logo.  Since it was for the crew/promoters/band/venue folks my guess is they (the Bulls brass) said go ahead.  This was not an offical public release, never sold to fans, just a give away in honor of Chicago Stadium's last concert.  So it had permission, was authorized, but not for puic consumption.  

I never asked Shelley in my talks with him.   Theoretically he altered it enough to not be official I suppose.  However that picture of the stadium was in several offical things, so my guess is Shelley got the okay,  as well as a pile of images he could use without violating copyright
    wwsuicide said:
    My first show too!  Where it all began!
    Ditto
    Asked Shelley, DID NOT have bulls permission since it was an insider poster.  He did not sign them when made.