Options

The Bridge School Concerts. Both 1994 shows available to rent on NYA

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
edited June 2023 in The Porch

The Bridge School in 1986 - a dream, a vision, a call to action and THE 1st ANNUAL BRIDGE BENEFIT CONCERT. Were you there?  It was magic!  Hosted by Neil Young and featuring Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Nils Lofgren, Don Henley, Tom Petty, Robin Williams, and Bruce Springsteen this concert was staged to raise money to start The Bridge School and now you can relive the memory or experience it for the first time.  Neil Young has the entire 1986 concert available to stream from his website at https://neilyoungarchives.com/news/movietone.  All proceeds will support The Bridge School.

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    Here's hoping all Ed's & Pearl Jam's set be available for stream @ Neil Young Archives down the road with all the proceeds to The Bridge School.
  • Options
    Bridge School Concerts – We bring you the original Bridge School Concerts for a $9.99 donation per concert. Proceeds all go to the Bridge School and are available for anyone – subscriber or not. Tell your friends. Every show we have is coming. We just started with #1 Bruce, Nils, Tom Petty, CSNY.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited March 2021
  • Options

Two More Bridge School Concerts!

1988 and 1989 are available for rent on neilyoungarchives.com. We’re also pleased to announce you can now enjoy the shows for 48 hours per rental instead of 24. All proceeds go to Bridge School. Enjoy these historic shows.

SEE YOUNG NEIL! Support the Bridge.

• Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    These were just magical shows.  I miss them very much.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam could put out an entire album of Bridge songs and it would sell out in 5 seconds.
    MP
    8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
    10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
    6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
    9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
    12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
    05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
    09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MP188882 said:
    Pearl Jam could put out an entire album of Bridge songs and it would sell out in 5 seconds.
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    MP188882 said:
    That would work out amazingly well.  Bridge shows vary between 30 and 45 minutes for a set?   That seems pretty easy to put a single Bridge performance on a single record.   Boxset of Bridge School performances :) Vault 12. Lets do it :)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Yes to all of this. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Icky pushing Don Henley.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MP188882 said:

If only they could hear you and make this happen!
  • Options
    mdgsolo said:
    These were just magical shows.  I miss them very much.
    me too
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    A bucket list show I will never get to see. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
     i used to play a vhs tape of Pearl Jam at the BSB (?'99?)((Tom Waits included)) over& over that i had purchased from a record store a long time ago. was really fun to play guitar along with... back in the dinosaur days.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Missed the first, but made the Roger Waters final. Many many in-between.  Only missed 2003 for Pearl Jam. Front row 1996. Totally agree about magical. Simple magic, slowed down, relaxing. Nice to see all the love. Took years for people not local to realize how special. I think there could be another. Why not?

And I would most certainly be up for any new release PJ related. They could do an album of BSB debuts.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    A vault bridge show would be amazing. 
    lp 1: 92
    lp 2: 94
    lp 3: 96
    lp 4: 99

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

A Pearl Jam Bridge School Vinyl Box Set

• Options
    https://youtu.be/uiRzGoplTLc

Neil should release Trent Reznors gig;

https://youtu.be/joFUvmi3OBw
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    I went in 2011 (Eddie Solo). Day 2 may possibly be the best day of music I ever see in my entire life.

We saw Neil Young, Eddie Vedder, Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Tony Bennett, Mumford and Sons, Beck, Santana, Arcade Fire, and Norah Jones. What a day.
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    mcgruff10 said:

All proceeds to the Bridge School in the honor of the memory of Pegi Young.  Would be amazing!
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811

2014 BSB was a dream come true. Ever since Matt joined Pearl Jam, I’ve hoped for an opportunity to see him drum for Soundgarden, Temple and PJ at one show. Then it happened at the Bridge making it even more special. After years of wishing and in my backyard. Dream come true. Fucking incredible I tell you.

The Temple of the Dog portion was Hunger Strike. Have always loved the song and video. My luck to this point was terrible. I had only seen PJ perform it with guest. Never had the pleasure of seeing Ed and Chris perform it together. So, I got it and it was orgazmic. And you know the band could have all been out of tune and Ed could have forgotten all the lyrics, it still would have been the best thing ever. Was for me!  

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    On the topic of a BSB Vault, I asked Neil if any bands that had played BSB shows had ever discussed releasing their sets.

”We will look into that. Maybe some bands will, but record companies have to be dealt with as well.”

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ^ That's awesome!
    MP
    8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
    10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
    6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
    9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
    12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
    05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
    09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

• Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 200
    demetrios said:
    Holy COW these are amazing...thanks for sharing D. You are getting me even more pumped about Ohana coming up soon. 
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Thankfully there's always been pretty decent video/audio of BSB out there, but an offici-cal release by Epic/Pearl Jam would be awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MP188882 said:
    ^ That's awesome!
    Awesome indeed!
  • Options
    ianh42 said:
    demetrios said:
    Holy COW these are amazing...thanks for sharing D. You are getting me even more pumped about Ohana coming up soon. 

Sweet! :)
  • Options