Pod: Melbourne 3/5/98

This week’s Live On 4 Legs pod episode covers this legendary show from the Yield tour. Melbourne is one of the standouts from 1998 and maybe the last great show with Jack Irons. Standout tracks from this include Brain Of J, In My Tree, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Go, Rearviewmirror, Immortality and Porch.

We also talk about the Give Way CD release that was supposed to coincide with the sale of Single Video Theory, but instead went up in flames

subscribe/listen everywhere 

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    Thumbs up. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    If I can only have one PJ show for the rest of my life, it'd be this one. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    Remember listening to this live on the radio. Using cassette tapes to record it. I went to the first Melbourne show of that run. I found a CD bootleg many years later to add to the collection. So so good! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Best IN MY TREE of all time 
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    Best IN MY TREE of all time 
    A lot of BOATs here, Given To Fly, Brain of J, Spin The Black Circle. In My Tree too, I don’t know if it’s my favorite but it’s absolutely in the convo
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Posts: 3,777
    edited March 2021
    Remember listening to this live on the radio. Using cassette tapes to record it. I went to the first Melbourne show of that run. I found a CD bootleg many years later to add to the collection. So so good! 
    Me too regarding recording it on cassette, I still have the casettes!! It's one of my favourite shows. 
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited March 2021
    I ended up with the cassettes around April’98.   My main memory is having a party on Friday night and blasting the cassettes on a Saturday morning while my friends were still passed out/just waking up.  So in my head i still picture a morning PJ concert :lol:   In reality im sure it was a 9pm show.  
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    I recorded this show on a cassette & eventually got it on CD. Those 1998 are great to listen to especially with Jack on drums 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24