Ten/reissue box set value?

Friend of mine has a chance to buy a complete Ten box set that 10C sold a few years back. He collects all sorts of vinyl but doesn't have any PJ (whaaaaat???). Anyhow, a local dealer offered to sell for $200. Sounds like a decent price (I own one myself - NFS). Is this a legit good deal? I'm not a Discogs guy or versed vinyl guy or anything. I would have expected somewhere north of $300 or maybe $350.

Comments

• ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    edited February 2021
    I remember the box set going for $100 when it first came out, which was ten years ago or so.  I’ve recently seen the box for $150 - $175 in a couple of record stores near me. $200 isn’t too far off. Maybe he could haggle it down to $175 if he wanted to try.

And a good way to assess value is to think of how much you want something vs. how much you’re willing to spend on it.
    Post edited by ymalkiel on
    ✌🏼❤️
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,125
    superj72 said:
    Friend of mine has a chance to buy a complete Ten box set that 10C sold a few years back. He collects all sorts of vinyl but doesn't have any PJ (whaaaaat???). Anyhow, a local dealer offered to sell for $200. Sounds like a decent price (I own one myself - NFS). Is this a legit good deal? I'm not a Discogs guy or versed vinyl guy or anything. I would have expected somewhere north of $300 or maybe $350.
    PM sent..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..