Options

WandaVision ( Spoilers )

There has to be others on this board watching this show.

I waiting about 5 weeks before I started watching it so I could binge the first five eps.

Other than the first episode being rather slow other Vision's boss falling over and yelling at them as to why they cannot answer questions about their life before Westview.  They have just been amazing.

The Agnes reveal at the end caught me totally off guard and I love the " I also killed sparky" line as the song ends.

So much of this reminds me of Lost , mostly because my wife and I talk about what we think is happening or going to happen. I love a good binge but it is fun to have a weekly episode to look forward too and find out 90% of our theories were wrong.

Anyone else loving this show as much as I am?

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    I’m a huge MCU fan and this show is right up there with The Winter Soldier and Ragnarok as one of my favorite things they’ve ever done. I can’t get enough of it.

I sort of knew the Agatha reveal was coming, but it was still awesome anyway. The song is so damn catchy!

The acting all around is just phenomenal. Elizabeth Olsen nails every era of sitcom and then has the super emotional moments on top of that. 

I really can’t say enough good things about it. I just really hope that they stick the landing. This show is supposed to set up both Spider-Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2, so I really hope they find a way to do that while also wrapping up this show in the way it deserves to be. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    I tried watching the first one and fell asleep.  My buddy said to try again.

WOW.  Finished all 8 episodes.  I thought for sure it was Wanda doing all the spells.  I haven’t figured out how Vision is still alive though?  I think he is still dead and he is only alive in Wandas head.  When her spell wasn’t working and you saw the hole and the lack of color in him makes me believe that.

The writing on this show is fantastic.  Not looking forward to having to wait a year for the second season...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    We needed a thread!! My wife and i are obsessed :lol:  OP, we even said we havent analyzed a show so much since LOST.   Ive been taking off Fridays so we can watch.  

I hope this wins some Emmys. The acting is unbelievable.  And yes ive had “Agatha All Along” in my head for a week!
  • Options
    Few more things i want to add
    —the theme songs in general are brilliant. That 80s one that copies Family Ties and Growing Pains.  Brilliant. 

-it wont happen but the ultimate ending for me would be Michael Fassbender’s Magneto showing up to help his daughter.  I think we’ll see Monica or Dr Strange instead.  

Amazing series. 
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    —the theme songs in general are brilliant. That 80s one that copies Family Ties and Growing Pains.  Brilliant. 

-it wont happen but the ultimate ending for me would be Michael Fassbender’s Magneto showing up to help his daughter.  I think we’ll see Monica or Dr Strange instead.  

Amazing series. 
    From a comic nerdery point of view, Magneto isn't Wanda's father anymore.

Show is pretty good, white Vision was even an Avenger too.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Amazing series. 

Ah really?  I havent kept up in decades honestly.  
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited March 2021
    Rygar said:

Amazing series. 

Ah really?  I havent kept up in decades honestly.  
    There was an Avengers vs X-Men crossover a few years ago that changed a bunch of stuff including Magento no longer being their father, and I had to look it up, but the latest change was that Wanda and Pietro discover they aren't mutants and their power comes from genetic experimentation by the High Evolutionary.
    Who knows what will happen in the MCU though, they might go with it and introduce mutants that way, if they haven't already with Monica.
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    I tried watching the first one and fell asleep.  My buddy said to try again.

WOW.  Finished all 8 episodes.  I thought for sure it was Wanda doing all the spells.  I haven’t figured out how Vision is still alive though?  I think he is still dead and he is only alive in Wandas head.  When her spell wasn’t working and you saw the hole and the lack of color in him makes me believe that.

The writing on this show is fantastic.  Not looking forward to having to wait a year for the second season...

I had to convince a few people to give it another shot because they could not get past the first episode or first two. I loved the slow build to it but I can understand why some would be turned off , glad you took it back up.