Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Parksy said:
    brianlux said:
    Kearn5y said:
    What sort of nut jobs do you have over there? We have some elected idiots here, but nothing like her.

They are as they appear- and it's damn embarrassing to  live in a country with such people in high places of power.  Embarrassing, unnerving, dangerous. I can only imagine how foolish we appear to others like yourself, Kearn.
    To be honest... it's not necessarily the people in power that make me shake me head at what the USA has become... but the people who continue to vote for them and support them.   

That is the bottom line, for sure.  The people in power simply reflect the people who vote for them.  This is becoming a country of idiots.  If I were much younger, I would strongly consider leaving.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    Man. If only they had fought and it was caught on video.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
  • Options
    Except her constituents love her.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Hobbes said:
    I kind of want to buy a spare door, install a mail flap, and just make random videos. “Eddie Vedder, this is your biggest fan, come out and talk to me. How dare you stay behind your office door. Sitting there, writing music.”
  • Options
    she is not going to lose. 

it is amazing to me how people this ignorant get elected.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,657

Explains a lot.

http://censusreporter.org/profiles/50000US1314-congressional-district-14-ga/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

Their ignorant voting base being driven by fear
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,131
    She was never really qualified in the first place. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385
    Acquitted? Further evidence of how unqualified she is for public office.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837
    Hobbes said:

"I don't know on those things"
        -everything she was elected to do
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hobbes said:

that is a 3 syllable word. i am surprised she knew that one. even though she does not know that she was not on criminal trial.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
  • Options
    Wonder if Dr. Oz was enjoying a bowl of gazpacho in Switzerland.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    Poncier said:
    This and the misspelling of Potato will go down in History.
  • Options
    Remember when Dan Quayle misspelled potato and everyone was sure that  was a good enough reason for him not to be President We should be like  that again -
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022

Their ignorant voting base being driven by fear
    They are driven by the fact non ignorant people look down on them 

Then they are mad and we are elitist. Well, yeah I kind of am compared to that. Let’s be honest here 

its a hard cycle to break 

their sole motivation is burning down the house they didn’t build.  What comes after though is a house that they don’t even know how to build 

governing is hard. It’s easy to just be obnoxious 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Poncier said:
    How did she spell potatoe?  
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I posted a mem to remind everyone who misspelled potato.  It wan none other than VP Dan Quayle.  He vanished after that so maybe, just maybe, Gazpacho will hold that weight too?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    I posted a mem to remind everyone who misspelled potato.  It wan none other than VP Dan Quayle.  He vanished after that so maybe, just maybe, Gazpacho will hold that weight too?
    Was that the beginning of people vilifying people of the other party for stupid errors/mistakes/reasons?  I doubt it.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    Was that the beginning of people vilifying people of the other party for stupid errors/mistakes/reasons?  I doubt it.  
    I remember it being a big deal and I was like 12 years old or something.

probably wasn’t until W Bush until intelligence was really used as a weapon against an opponent. 

as a liberal, I’ll own that. In retrospect it was a bad move. As we have even less smart people being elected today and it’s not working 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

probably wasn’t until W Bush until intelligence was really used as a weapon against an opponent. 

as a liberal, I’ll own that. In retrospect it was a bad move. As we have even less smart people being elected today and it’s not working 
    I honestly don't know where it started.  I remember the Dan Q thing well....pretty crazy that the cancel culture got him back then for such a minor gaffe.  Looking back on it, it sucks.  And then the Clintons...while I believe plenty of legit issues...the vilification taken up a notch.  Wish we could go back in time, stick to the issues and tone it down a notch.  Live and learn.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

I honestly don't know where it started.  I remember the Dan Q thing well....pretty crazy that the cancel culture got him back then for such a minor gaffe.  Looking back on it, it sucks.  And then the Clintons...while I believe plenty of legit issues...the vilification taken up a notch.  Wish we could go back in time, stick to the issues and tone it down a notch.  Live and learn.
    "I knew Jack Kennedy.  And you sir,  are no Jack Kennedy."

Lloyd Bentsen hammered him with that line. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    Oh. I had to go to my phone.  Pics come come through on my work because we block social media. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    If someone does something silly like this I do want it to be remembered.

"I did not have sexual relations w that woman."  is another personal favorite. Or Howard Deans "wahhhhh" that drove the poor guy out of presidential contention?

or the all-time greatest is Anthony Weiner sending D pics out...Twice...3 times?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

or the all-time greatest is Anthony Weiner sending D pics out...Twice...3 times?
    He just had to be named Weiner too. Bill Jones doesn’t have the same effect 

i don’t even remember the name of the Idaho senator in the airport bathroom. I remember Anthony Weiner though 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

"I did not have sexual relations w that woman."  is another personal favorite. Or Howard Deans "wahhhhh" that drove the poor guy out of presidential contention?

I never thought the Dean thing was a big deal.  I actually thought it was a good speech that he ripped out ad hoc.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

I never thought the Dean thing was a big deal.  I actually thought it was a good speech that he ripped out ad hoc.
    I remember the next day on the Howard Stern show they kept playing that over and over and over again.  Whomever decided to pick that 1 second of emotion is a genius because it knocked him right after the race.  Going on SNL couldn't save him.

Hell, the fist bump almost ruined Obama.