Options

Please delete this thread. :-)

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
edited January 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
Well now, this is odd- I searched and searched and could not find the "what book are you reading" thread.  Sorry about that!  Perhaps a mod will want to merge this into the other?  Anyway, here goes...

Just arrived and looks like another excellent Densmore read. I bought this through a company that sells "autographed" books. I put "autograph" in quotes because it comes with a pasted in signed bookplate. To me, this is not an autographed book. It's a book with a signed bookplate pasted in. But anyway, that's no slam on Mr. Densmore. I very much enjoyed his other books (one of which he signed in person) and I am already enjoying this one!
IMG

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Just borrowed the audiobook, look forward to it- thanks!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Just borrowed the audiobook, look forward to it- thanks!

It's a fairly quick read but very good! 

I asked to have this thread deleted because it duplicated the other similar thread.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Hi Brian, Just before they delete it I'd like  to say hi.  Love Madeleine xxx
  • Options
    Hi Madeleine.  Good Monday morning to you!

I still can't figure out why I couldn't find the "what book are you reading thread".  I knew it was there somewhere!

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    brianlux said:

I still can't figure out why I couldn't find the "what book are you reading thread".  I knew it was there somewhere!

it’s because the search feature on this site is about the worst in existence. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    What book are you currently reading? @brianlux
  • Options
    What book are you currently reading? @brianlux

Still reading this marvelous memoir by drummer John Densmore.  It's not real long and could probably be read in a day or two but it's so goo, I'm savoring one short chapter at a time because I don't want it to end!:

IMG

What are you reading these days, West Coast Dreamgirl ?

• Options
    I received this book from the reading agency but I havent started reading it yet:

• Options
    This book looks good-

• Options
    This looks like my cup of tea- 

• Options
    This looks like my cup of tea- 

A book about coffee is your cup of tea.  Haha!  Love it!