Brag/Boast about a Special Skill or Ability you have

Lets hear 'em!

(Yes, I am trying to kill time at the office)

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I can almost always tell when a piece was written by Mozart. 

I also have x-ray vision if I’ve smoked a shitton. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I can wiggle my ears
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    edited December 2020
    hedonist said:

Ok, so I don’t smoke a shitload or at all anymore.

I believe my brain works harder and reaches deeper when I’m asleep than when I’m awake.  I have the most intense, incredible, realistic dreams all night long.  I often wake up with songs in my head.  Just any song, and I think, where did that come from?  I could wake up 35 minutes before my alarm goes off and fall back asleep and have a dream that seems to last days.  It astonishes me that I had that dream in that 35 minutes.

And this is the HONEST TO GOD TRUTH, I woke up with I am Woman in my head a while back.  This is a song I listened to often as a young girl.  The next morning, I woke up to the news that Helen Reddy passed.  I will swear on my brother’s grave this is the truth.  I’ve also had dreams about people I have not seen in 20 years and then I either see them, or I hear something about them from friends. 

I just believe that our brains really do have unlimited potential but for some reason, as of 2020, we haven’t come close to that potential.  With all the scientific advances, engineering advances in our life time . . . this seems appropriate specifically today, Imagine . . . what the generations to come will realize.

So I really don't have a special skill or ability except that I recognize we haven't come close to our potential.  And that is ok with me.  

Sorry if I made the post too intense.  You just made me think and this is what I came up with.  My brain works overtime.  Is that special skill?  

Post edited by PureandEasy on
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    hedonist said:

I believe my brain works harder and reaches deeper when I’m asleep than when I’m awake.  I have the most intense, incredible, realistic dreams all night long.  I often wake up with songs in my head.  Just any song, and I think, where did that come from?  I could wake up 35 minutes before my alarm goes off and fall back asleep and have a dream that seems to last days.  It astonishes me that I had that dream in that 35 minutes.

And this is the HONEST TO GOD TRUTH, I woke up with I am Woman in my head a while back.  This is a song I listened to often as a young girl.  The next morning, I woke up to the news that Helen Reddy passed.  I will swear on my brother’s grave this is the truth.  I’ve also had dreams about people I have not seen in 20 years and then I either see them, or I hear something about them from friends. 

I just believe that our brains really do have unlimited potential but for some reason, as of 2020, we haven’t come close to that potential.  With all the scientific advances, engineering advances in our life time . . . this seems appropriate specifically today, Imagine . . . what the generations to come will realize.

So I really don't have a special skill or ability except that I recognize we haven't come close to our potential.  And that is ok with me.  

Sorry if I made the post too intense.  You just made me think and this is what I came up with.  My brain works overtime.  Is that special skill?  

I’ve had very similar things happen to me as well.  People I’ve thought of whom I haven’t seen or heard from in ages suddenly appearing or calling.  In the past (Pre-Internet), there would be bands who I hadn't seen or heard from in ages who would, within weeks of me thinking about them, announce a new tour or album. it was freaky, and sadly, could not be directed lol

A special skill or ability I possess, is an uncanny sense of direction.  I’ve had this ability for as long as I can remember. Even as a child, if I’ve been there once, I can get back there again even decades later.  Additionally, I can close my eyes and be spun around and can feel which direction is North.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • @Fifthelement so you are like SatNav and a compass combined, I bet you never get lost driving places.
  • I can wiggle my ears
    My son can tuck  his  ear inside itself and pop it out on demand. Wanna see a picture. I will  ask him now.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    @Fifthelement so you are like SatNav and a compass combined, I bet you never get lost driving places.
    Lol. Pretty much.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    “I don’t mean to brag; I don’t mean to boast. But I’m intercontinental when I eat French toast.”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • I'm good with my hands, just don't make me have to use em on you...Alright there tough guy?!?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    “I don’t mean to brag; I don’t mean to boast. But I’m intercontinental when I eat French toast.”

"A slight distraction can get you paid
    And when it comes to that type shit I paved the way"

Your skills with Beastie Boys lyrics (or lyrics in general) is a thing to brag on!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I can wiggle my ears
    My son can tuck  his  ear inside itself and pop it out on demand. Wanna see a picture. I will  ask him now.
    Heck yeah!

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • I can wiggle my ears
    Heck yeah!

I txt him and he immediately  sent this like it was the  most nornal request on earth.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • It can stay like that  as long as you  want
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    Midas Touch
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    hedonist said:

I’ve had very similar things happen to me as well.  People I’ve thought of whom I haven’t seen or heard from in ages suddenly appearing or calling.  In the past (Pre-Internet), there would be bands who I hadn't seen or heard from in ages who would, within weeks of me thinking about them, announce a new tour or album. it was freaky, and sadly, could not be directed lol

A special skill or ability I possess, is an uncanny sense of direction.  I’ve had this ability for as long as I can remember. Even as a child, if I’ve been there once, I can get back there again even decades later.  Additionally, I can close my eyes and be spun around and can feel which direction is North.
    I too have a keen sense of direction, can't do the closed eyes and spin thing but I have a good sense of direction.  Have always loved maps.  If I get lost, I focus on the moves I've made and can usually get to where I need to go.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I can smell crime. I'm basically a giant nose with Dolph Lundgren's body in a mesh tank top.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I can frame a house.

plumb, square and no short nailing.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I’m charming, I’m dashing, I’m into rental car bashing.
    edited December 2020
    Wobbie said:
    I can frame a house.

plumb, square and no short nailing.
    We KNOW!

:hushed:

:tired_face:
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited December 2020
    I’m charming, I’m dashing, I’m into rental car bashing.
    Homeboy, throw in the towel. 
    Your girl got DICKED by Ricky Powell. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    Catch ya with you pants down, dirty book dealing 📷 dudes!
  • dankind said:
    I’m charming, I’m dashing, I’m into rental car bashing.
    Homeboy, throw in the towel. 
    Your girl got DICKED by Ricky Powell. 
    I got arrested at the Mardis Gras for jumpin on a float...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    My man MCAs got a beard like a billy goat
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I can do 20 chin-ups and then 50 push-ups in 90 seconds.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    hedonist said:

I too have a keen sense of direction, can't do the closed eyes and spin thing but I have a good sense of direction.  Have always loved maps.  If I get lost, I focus on the moves I've made and can usually get to where I need to go.
    I love maps too!  I think our brains work in a very similar manner.  I mentally backtrack all the time, not just for directions, but also for finding things.
  • The ability to love without judgment.
    Mikemzl91 said:
    The ability to love without judgment.
    That’s interesting. I don’t think we can live WITHOUT judgments. We make them thousands of times daily in almost every possible realm. Who we befriend, what we wear, what food we purchase, where we travel, etc. It’s a part of how we survive. 

However, I don’t think people necessarily need to share those judgments ;)
    hedonist said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    That’s interesting. I don’t think we can live WITHOUT judgments. We make them thousands of times daily in almost every possible realm. Who we befriend, what we wear, what food we purchase, where we travel, etc. It’s a part of how we survive. 

You forgot a very important one: Am I done wiping?

I don’t know why it takes some people so long to reach a good judgment on this one. Like I said, very important....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

You forgot a very important one: Am I done wiping?

I don’t know why it takes some people so long to reach a good judgment on this one. Like I said, very important....
    Is it racist if I say, “Until it’s white”?