Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

ORG Music to re-issue Bad Brains LP's!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,520
I thought about starting a separate thread just for ORG Music.  I have one record from the- Albert Ayler's Vibrations  a really fine pressing-  so hearing that they are working on some quality Bad Brains re-issues is great news!

Check out there catalogue- there's a lot of great stuff here!

“In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
-James Allen

Comments

• brianlux said:
    I thought about starting a separate thread just for ORG Music.  I have one record from the- Albert Ayler's Vibrations  a really fine pressing-  so hearing that they are working on some quality Bad Brains re-issues is great news!

Check out there catalogue- there's a lot of great stuff here!

I finally got to look over the catalog and noticed to my chagrin that Black Dots is NOT on there!
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 2,319
    Bad Brains with no Bad Brains.
    Do tell...educate me!!!!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 33,520
    Loujoe said:
    Bad Brains with no Bad Brains.
    Do tell...educate me!!!!!!

They're in the works.  I'll keep you posted when I hear more!
    “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.”
    -James Allen

Ok. My record cabinet is busting at the seems. Oddly I always have room for just one more.......there's a cool documentary on HR/bad brains I watched a few months back. Worth watching if you have a hot minute.
    edited December 2020
    Loujoe said:
    Ok. My record cabinet is busting at the seems. Oddly I always have room for just one more.......there's a cool documentary on HR/bad brains I watched a few months back. Worth watching if you have a hot minute.
    Time for a Kalax ? (or another Kalax, lol?
    BB documentary?  Heck yeah!  Would like that!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    -James Allen

edited February 20

Hope this link works for you. Just a quick preview.
    Man I didn't know he died in September, but knew he wouldn't be around forever. At least he's at peace. Another Angel to look to for guidance.
    EDIT. HR DID NOT DIE. I made a mistake...
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 9,534
    Always nice when a band gets control of their master recordings.....a nice opportunity for an influx of cash for the band.
    Loujoe said:

Hope this link works for you. Just a quick preview.
    Man I didn't know he died in September, but knew he wouldn't be around forever. At least he's at peace. Another Angel to look to for guidance.

Yes, thanks.  Oh damn!  I didn't know H.R. had died either.  Major bummer. 
    R.I.P. HR
    -James Allen

^^^He didn't die I made a mistake...I know I told you already, but just in case someone else reads this.
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^He didn't die I made a mistake...I know I told you already, but just in case someone else reads this.

Good to know!

Hit it, HR!

-James Allen

Thanks Brian...took me on a little youtube trip. Lots of footage. 
    ORG just rereleased bb's first single. Made me think of this thread. Not on org website, saw it on bull moose.

I love that I can't figure out what hr is singing! Saw a doc where he said he took lsd before most shows back then. 
    Loujoe said:
    Thanks Brian...took me on a little youtube trip. Lots of footage. 
    ORG just rereleased bb's first single. Made me think of this thread. Not on org website, saw it on bull moose.

I love that I can't figure out what hr is singing! Saw a doc where he said he took lsd before most shows back then. 
    Glad you enjoyed it, L.
    I'm guessing HR himself had little clue what he was singing, haha!  Just letting it rip! 
    I would have loved to see that band back in the day!
    -James Allen

Got a couple of these org bad brains releases. Will try to snag them all as they are released. Got to support (my habit) the artists. Will be fun to hear how they intended us to hear them. I got a reissue of rock for light...it was sped up and ruined it. Since then, found one that was from back in the day and it sounds great...but in reading about how that was produced, it was sped up too. They are fast enough...whatever, but great that they are getting this music to us the way it was meant to be. Hope a little raw and more intentional.  If that makes any sense.
    edited February 22
    Loujoe said:
    Got a couple of these org bad brains releases. Will try to snag them all as they are released. Got to support (my habit) the artists. Will be fun to hear how they intended us to hear them. I got a reissue of rock for light...it was sped up and ruined it. Since then, found one that was from back in the day and it sounds great...but in reading about how that was produced, it was sped up too. They are fast enough...whatever, but great that they are getting this music to us the way it was meant to be. Hope a little raw and more intentional.  If that makes any sense.

Odd that they would dink around with the speed like that.  I've done that before but it was more like, "Oh damn, that's right, this EP is 33 1/3 RPM, not 45", lol.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    -James Allen

Hey now pick the first single up. Got it today from easy street. Killer. Unlike any bb I heard. Crazy authentic mix. Maybe like 'Black Dots'. I never heard that, but did pass it by at my local joint when it was released. Shoulda grabbed it!
    Loujoe said:
    Hey now pick the first single up. Got it today from easy street. Killer. Unlike any bb I heard. Crazy authentic mix. Maybe like 'Black Dots'. I never heard that, but did pass it by at my local joint when it was released. Shoulda grabbed it!

Nice score!  :plus_one:
    -James Allen