Funny PJ Conversation at Work Today

GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,695
edited November 2020 in The Porch
So, I am working with a curriculum development team to revise a social science course in my university department where I teach. One of the units is on aging and society. We needed to find some Getty images to go along with the text we are using. The Getty images are of an older couple surfing, and a funeral procession. They needed to be approved by the committee.  Today I went on our Teams site and found this little exchange:

A: When I try to find 97360967 (the burial procession) and 78750319 (the surfers) in Getty to grab the credit information for our citation, I am getting very different images (the first is, I believe, a Pearl Jam concert, and the second seems to be a red carpet shot of a celebrity that I have never heard of). Any thoughts on how to track down the credits?

C: LOL @ the Pearl Jam concert. I mean, they've been around long enough that they're now considered "Classic Alternative," but I don't know that that alone makes them an appropriate subject for our "Aging and the Elderly" chapter!

I got a nice little laugh out of that. Just thought I would share.

Post edited by GlowGirl on

Comments

• Holy shit, that is hilarious!!!!!

Best post ever!

(jk.  Your attachment or paste did not stick.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,105
    edited November 2020
    Ahh, there it is!

Do you think they were playing Elderly Woman in that picture?  (How it showed up in the search?)
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    I don't see a pic in the OP?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,695
    I don't see a pic in the OP?
    There is no picture in my post. I just described the conversation exchange on Teams about a photo in Getty images. I couldn't actually find the photo they were talking about.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,542
    i get it now. lol
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,695
    edited November 2020
    Ahh, there it is!

Do you think they were playing Elderly Woman in that picture?  (How it showed up in the search?)
    Pearl Jam didn't show up in the search. The guy who was going to look at the photos must have put in the wrong search number and came up with a Pearl Jam photo. I just thought the response by my colleague to his confusion was funny. I tried to find the photo that he came up with on the Getty website, but couldn't find it.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • GlowGirl said:
    Ahh, there it is!

Pearl Jam didn't show up in the search. The guy who was going to look at the photos must have put in the wrong search number and came up with a Pearl Jam photo. I just thought the response by my colleague to his confusion was funny. I tried to find the photo that he came up with on the Getty website, but couldn't find it.

Ah.  Got it.  I often have pictures show up in my searches that are unintended.
    Blue waffle gets that every time.