edited October 2020 in The Porch
Post edited by goodroc on

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,406
    Hope he enjoys his retirement. He did a great job
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This apparently happened in August and in true Kelly Curtis fashion it stayed low key. He was a great manager, will be missed! 

Smitty takes over now. I’m trying to figure out because I don’t know the answer to this, has Smitty been with them since pre-Ten?
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    Kelly Curtis is a big part of the reason why the entire Pearl Jam organization is awesome. Wishing him all the best. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,406
    Even helped with Global Citizen
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    While unfortunately I did not get the opportunity to submit my resume to become Mr. Curtis' replacement, I congratulate Mark Smith on the promotion.

I look forward to interviewing with Mark as a potential replacement for his previous position within the Pearl Jam organization.

Best Regards,

DT
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited October 2020
    Should have had taken that Guns N Roses/U2/Pearl Jam tour offer while he had the chance.

Other than that, he seems pretty cool.

Hope the "new" guy comes in with new energy, straightens up the problems with the Tenclub and realises Gothenburg is where it's at when it comes to European concerts.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    Congrats, Kelly.  Great run =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    "You are the best manager in the world!"
    Luca, Astoria, London, UK 2006
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Great career...good job man
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Thank you for everything Mr. Curtis..
    be safe and  enjoy retirement.
    Smitty will do great job as well.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Best wishes, Kelly! What a run!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Best of luck to Kelly!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    Best wishes, Kelly! What a run!

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Thanks Mr Curtis.  best wishes in retirement!  Enjoyable community and fan club for many years!
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    Good luck to him. What a great run. Thanks for everything!

• Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    Man... sad to see it, but so grateful for the ride.

I have to assume there are so many behind the scene(s) type of things that KC (among many others) have done that we’ll never fully appreciate or understand.

Enjoy the retirement, KC!  Thank you for 30 amazing years!
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    edited October 2020
    Please write a book. I'd be first in line to read it. I would like a signed ten club copy too please.
    I hope he is well and can enjoy the fruits of his labor. It is awesome how he stayed under the radar for all these years. Stay well Mr. KC. Thank you does not come close to the appreciation I have for your efforts, time, and work. . 
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Congrats on your much deserved retirement.  Thirty years is one heck of a run. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 700
    I think it’s probably very hard for most of us fans to wrap our heads around what Kelly actually did. As a Pearl Jam fan I just want to thank him for representing the band for all these years! His management style obviously worked for the band and therefore worked well for all of us for the last 30 years. Well done sir. Enjoy your retirement! 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited October 2020
    14 years ago, outside the Astoria Theatre in London, I said to Kelly: ‘You’re the best manager in the world’. For thirty years Kelly has been the best manager Pearl Jam could have ever asked for. Without him, the band wouldn’t have been the same, that’s for sure. End of an era. All the best to Kelly.” – Luca & PearlJamOnline staff

https://www.pearljamonline.it/en/pearl-jam-manager-kelly-curtis-has-retired/

"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Very many congratulations and what a great run! 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    edited October 2020
    All the best for an amazing retirement Kelly! :joy: Congrats on your new role Smitty! :clap:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Sounds like perfect timing to call it a day. 
  • Options
    the hippies will miss his expertise.