NXIVM (spoilers of The Vow documentary ahead)

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
edited October 2020 in A Moving Train
I had not heard of this guy or organization until i read about his sentencing. Crazy cult shit. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/us/nxivm-keith-raniere-sentencing-supporters/index.html
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    It's so weird giving exact years and not just "life in prison"... is it to be able to put different crimes against each other and some statistical purpose?

It looks like something from kids playing... "WELL YOU GET 120 YEARS BRIAN! WELL JIMMIE I WIN BECAUSE YOU GET 160 YEARS!"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    There is a good documentary on HBO called "The Vow" that is about this.  Really good show.

Kind of like scientology as far as the methods of sucking people in.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    There is a good documentary on HBO called "The Vow" that is about this.  Really good show.

yeah, just that short video reminded me a lot of scientology and its methods. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The abuse to the group of girls was nuts...not sure how he got away with it that long.  There is an interesting part of the doc where they discover that the brand he used on the girls were his initials.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

The abuse to the group of girls was nuts...not sure how he got away with it that long.  There is an interesting part of the doc where they discover that the brand he used on the girls were his initials.  
    yeah, that was in the short video clip. on their bikini line, no less. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We watched the show. He is one sick fuck and should be locked away.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    well, this spoiled the vow for me...

good. glad he is not getting out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    shit, sorry dude! i didn't know there was a doc on it! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    no worries man. i just started watching it a couple of weeks ago. only like 4 or 5 episodes in.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    The doc leaves off with him being arrested.  There is going to be a second series that takes us from that date to present.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    no worries man. i just started watching it a couple of weeks ago. only like 4 or 5 episodes in.
    It's not really a spoiler. This was all over the news months before the documentary so we knew what happened to Raniere and his cronies. I have been watching it, and knew how it was going to end. It's still good. I find it fascinating how people get sucked into these cults. It really has nothing to do with their intelligence, etc. It just slowly reels them in. I watched a documentary about Jonestown and remember thinking the same thing - How can they not see what is happening?

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    and sweet Chloe from Smallville got sucked in!  :(