Talking Off Ramp Show with Friel Brothers

Had an amazing opportunity to connect with the Friel brothers and pick their brains about what it was like to be in Seattle and be in a band around the time that the scene was about to blow up. They give a vivid description of what that Off Ramp show from 10/22/90 was like and how even back then opening with Release was a big deal for a plethora of reasons. Chris talks a little bit about being on some of those Gossman Demos (Black, Times Of Trouble/Footsteps, and The King, which sounds like Holy Roller but was the pre-cursor to Even Flow) and we’ll also get to talk about Cornell and how his initial audition went for Shadow.

AND we learn something incredibly important about the timeline of a song that we didn’t know existed.

I know I usually post weekly about our episodes we release, and it’s all great stuff. But I feel like if there was ever a must listen it would be this. This is an incredibly important retelling of the band’s history from the guys who were there to witness it. Anyone who craves that about the band will most certainly enjoy this. We get to unveil and debunk tons of myths and legends too. Linked below, or Spotify, Apple, wherever the podcasts are

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Cool! I'll have a listen soon.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024