Options

Thurston Moore By The Fire

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
was reading some reviews on Instagram this morning, and I've never been a massive sonic youth fan (casual fan), it just made me check it out. I'm really digging this so far. 
Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

Comments

• Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Amazing record. Lots of really nice long jams. I bought it on sweet orange marble vinyl as well. I love it that Debbie Googe appears again as well. I always was a huge Sonic Youth fan, and I feel that all of the solo projects from the members are perfect continuations of that great legacy.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    I love Sonic Youth despite the fact that most of there stuff doesn't do it for me.  I think it's great, but it just doesn't work for me.  But the thing is, to me they are just such fascinating people!  I could listen to Thurston Moore talk about music all day long!  And Kim Gordon!  Great bass player, fine writer, and she's done some very cool acting!  These people are outta sight!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    P.S., I will check out By the Fire.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.