Options

Baseball card display question

Maybe this belongs over on the Art Wall, please move if so... but does anyone display their baseball cards, and if so, how do you do that? 

I have a decent-sized collection of the PJ cards and I was hoping to collage them as a gift for a friend. But I have no idea how to do that creatively. I know there are commercially available frames for them, but they all look kinda dorky to me. (dorkier than a PJ collage? yes, I hear myself speaking, I'll show myself out) 

Anyway, if you're artsy and have ideas about cool way to display memorabilia instead of just hoarding it, I would welcome suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited October 2020
    I did a ticket stub thing with a cheap frame and a glue stick.  Just glued them to the backing and cut them/trimmed where necessary, especially at the border.  

I know you will be hesitant to put glue on and/or cut your cards.  I actually was with ticket stubs.  You have to ask the question: what good are these doing sitting in a box?  Will anybody ever see them?  Are these worth anything?  In the case of PJ cards, I dont believe most of them will ever increase in value to be honest.

I made 2 of them.  One for my kid with more 'cartooney' ones and games we have been to.  Also one for me, with many great events and memories.  Probably have enough of those to make another one.  Even with that, I still have a ton of stubs, hah.  I started from the center and worked my way out to the sides.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    Great collage, Mayday!  =)

I did something similar to Mayday with my PJ tickets and stickers.  I bought custom sized frames from American Frame so I could fit them above a door and above a window in my office. I used small bits of Fun-Tak to keep stuff from moving around without permanently glueing it down. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    on2legs said:

I did something similar to Mayday with my PJ tickets and stickers.  I bought custom sized frames from American Frame so I could fit them above a door and above a window in my office. I used small bits of Fun-Tak to keep stuff from moving around without permanently glueing it down. 

Is the Ivy official merch?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    CopperTom said:
    on2legs said:

Is the Ivy official merch?
    Yes.  They are promo items from the 2013 Wrigley show.  They’re window clings that they put on bus shelters around Chicago.  They say take me if you look closely.  Someone here on the board hooked me up with one back then.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I improvised with my cards. I had a big frame and the Klausen 2016 poster wouldn't fit a traditional 18x24 so I made this piece.
  • Options
    These are all awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. To answer the question above, I'm not attached to the cards in any financial/investment sense, I've just kinda been accruing them and it occurred to me that they'd make a better gift than they do a pile of clutter. So gluing them down is not an issue.