Options

10/3/05 - Philadelphia

alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
edited October 2020 in The Porch
Thought I'd write up a quick post about this show - it was my first PJ show and it completely blew me away. I'd tried to back out of the trip (was going through a period of heavy social anxiety) but ended up going - as soon as the show started I thought, "You almost fucked up and missed out on something great." I've been to 8 other shows and I don't think I've seen another setlist like Philly's that night...it was nuts.
Sounds cheesy, but 10/3/05 became a pivotal date for me. After that, I pushed to do more and more and made a lot of huge changes...a new life, a new city, and getting away from a place I hated. I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't fought off anxiety and made that trip - I'm certain of that. I always try to take some time to think about that lesson each time 10/3 rolls around.
Eddie came out to play "Promised Land" during the SK opening set. There a couple videos out there, one from roughly the same angle I had that night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxI37vwCxag

The lyrics still hit me hard - it was like the universe picked the perfect song to start a transformation and the rest of the setlist just built on that theme for the next 3 hours.
Cheers to anyone who was there, or who's had the same kind of experience at a show. Take care out there, everyone.

Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
Post edited by alex_sc on

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    Thanks! I'll definitely check that out.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    This is one of my favorite shows of all time. SUCH a great run of shows leading up to Self Titled.