Suggestions please....

Bored, Saturday. need a new PJ bootleg to help me today.Been a rough week, life is getting dark. I have a free download code. Can anyone help me  with a suggestions for a cool show? I want some old school PJ, i have most the vaults except the 2005, MT show, but any other suggestions for one that has great sound quality, unique, etc etc etc. Your effort is appreciated.

Comments

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Off top of my head. 2000 tour. San diego. Charlotte. New York 3. Atlanta 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,943
    Toronto 9/11/2011 and cheers to better days ahead!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    edited September 2020
    I know this isn't what you requested but here are two suggestions that have been treating me fine the last few days - both available on YouTube.
    1. Tom Petty 'Wildflowers' expanded version is finally being released next month and, besides revisiting the original excellent LP, you can also hear some of the previously unreleased songs from the sessions. All EXCELLENT!
    2. The Rolling Stones have issued an anniversary edition of 'Goats Head Soup', again with several previously unreleased songs. All VUNDEBAH!
    Post edited by shecky on
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Consider: San Jose, CA 11/04/95. Daytime start on a Saturday i think. Back then for me any show that opened with Release included Immortality somewhere and closed with Indifference was a keeper. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    edwho said:
    Consider: San Jose, CA 11/04/95. Daytime start on a Saturday i think. Back then for me any show that opened with Release included Immortality somewhere and closed with Indifference was a keeper. 

Well, if it must be PJ, than I sure can vouch for this suggestion. I was at this Spartan Stadium concert - it was the make up show for the Golden Gate Park debacle earlier that summer.  (Actually, being a huge Neil Young fan from way before PJ, it was a fantastic show!)
    Anyway, for me, every PJ concert since San Jose '95 has paled in comparison and I just decided to stop seeing them live after their 3-day run in San Francisco in 2006. 
  • jefftjefft Posts: 657
    edited September 2020
    Toronto 9 12 11

Just because
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Santa Barbara 06’. One of the strongest 4-5 opening songs of all time. Also, probably the best version of Come Back I’ve ever heard. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Also, Ed was in really good form all show long. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    Santa Barbara 06’. One of the strongest 4-5 opening songs of all time. Also, probably the best version of Come Back I’ve ever heard. 
    Yup. That’s a good one!

Im also a bit partial to Portland/Spokane 2013. Awesome energy and the best back to back PJ shows I’ve attended.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Thanks everyone 
    Spokane 13’ has big marbles. A gem in that first year touring Lightning Bolt. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    edwho said:

One of my favorite boots!
    fenway night 2 , 2016 is a great show too.  I also echo the love for Toronto 9/11/11.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    shecky said:
    edwho said:

Well, if it must be PJ, than I sure can vouch for this suggestion. I was at this Spartan Stadium concert - it was the make up show for the Golden Gate Park debacle earlier that summer.  (Actually, being a huge Neil Young fan from way before PJ, it was a fantastic show!)
    Anyway, for me, every PJ concert since San Jose '95 has paled in comparison and I just decided to stop seeing them live after their 3-day run in San Francisco in 2006. 
    I remember a beautiful summer like day. A massive food fight in line waiting to get in. Plates of spaghetti flying. Missed me thankfully. GA college football stadium. First Ed sole open for me. First Ben Harper set. Moshing daze. Three huge pits going most of the show. Looked like a huge electric razor from above. Slow start with Release. Dissident! Early version of Immortality. A welcome long set for those days. Fantastic evening end with Indifference. A couple miles from home. Monkeywrench radio. Hard to top these 90's performances. 

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,482
    edited September 2020
    Detroit Oct, 16, 2014
    Ed was in a good mood that night. This show always puts a smile on my face.