How to watch Nugs on TV

Hi, sorry if this has been asked already and if it’s a stupid question! How can I watch Nugs on my tv? I have a fire stick but can’t see where to download the app. I really don’t wanna watch on a computer. Help! Thanks!
IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
*** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
2020 - Ohana Fest
2021 - Ohana Fest
2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,303

Which devices are compatible with the Pay-Per-View to watch on my TV? Print

Modified on: Sun, 30 Aug, 2020 at 11:05 AM

There are many options for watching a Pay-Per-View on your TV. Here are some suggestions:

• HDMI from Mac or PC to TV - most desktop and laptop MACs and PCs have an HDMI port that you can connect to your TV directly for audio and video. Connect the HDMI to your TV prior to booting up your computer otherwise you may have sync issues. Once connected use the Chrome or Firefox browser to access your streams from your My Stash page on nugs.net or nugs.tv
    • AppleTV - Download the nugs.net APP from the AppleTV App Store or "Airplay" from iOS devices or "Mirror" from your MAC browser.
    • ChromeCast - "Cast" from the Google Chrome browser on your PC or MAC. 
      *Casting from mobile devices is NOT supported. **CASTING 4K Webcasts is NOT supported
    • Android or iOS devices - Watch on your device using nugs.net app under Stash > My Webcasts.
    • SmartTVs - We do not have any native SmartTV apps at this time. You can find information on mirroring to your TV at these links - FireOS - RokuTV AndroidTV

SMART TV's with proprietary software (like Samsung's Tizen and LG's WebOS) are NOT compatible with nugs.net streams and may not work properly.

4K Webcasts

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for posting this!  I came to do the same thing.  If I stream from my phone to my (smart) tv will it affect the quality??

Edit: So apparently I can't stream from my phone. Who in the Denver area can come set this up for me?
    Post edited by AmentsChick on
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Thank you for posting this!  I came to do the same thing.  If I stream from my phone to my (smart) tv will it affect the quality??

Edit: So apparently I can't stream from my phone. Who in the Denver area can come set this up for me?
    Looking for someone in the SF Bay Area as well! 😂

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • demetrios said:

Which devices are compatible with the Pay-Per-View to watch on my TV? Print

Modified on: Sun, 30 Aug, 2020 at 11:05 AM

There are many options for watching a Pay-Per-View on your TV. Here are some suggestions:

• HDMI from Mac or PC to TV - most desktop and laptop MACs and PCs have an HDMI port that you can connect to your TV directly for audio and video. Connect the HDMI to your TV prior to booting up your computer otherwise you may have sync issues. Once connected use the Chrome or Firefox browser to access your streams from your My Stash page on nugs.net or nugs.tv
    • AppleTV - Download the nugs.net APP from the AppleTV App Store or "Airplay" from iOS devices or "Mirror" from your MAC browser.
    • ChromeCast - "Cast" from the Google Chrome browser on your PC or MAC. 
      *Casting from mobile devices is NOT supported. **CASTING 4K Webcasts is NOT supported
    • Android or iOS devices - Watch on your device using nugs.net app under Stash > My Webcasts.
    • SmartTVs - We do not have any native SmartTV apps at this time. You can find information on mirroring to your TV at these links - FireOS - RokuTV AndroidTV

SMART TV's with proprietary software (like Samsung's Tizen and LG's WebOS) are NOT compatible with nugs.net streams and may not work properly.

4K Webcasts

Ok so if i go out and buy Apple TV i can download Nugs app to it?  That sounds like the easiest option. Thanks for your help!!! 

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• If you have a laptop with an HDMI output just hook up your laptop to your TV.  You can log into nugs to start the video, enlarge the video on laptop and it looks and sounds great on the TV.

You will obviously need an HDMI cable....I just stole one from another TV in the house for the temporary hookup
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • If you have a laptop with an HDMI output just hook up your laptop to your TV.  You can log into nugs to start the video, enlarge the video on laptop and it looks and sounds great on the TV.

You will obviously need an HDMI cable....I just stole one from another TV in the house for the temporary hookup
    I have a laptop but it's an absolute piece of crap and no doubt will crash.  Will it also affect the quality?

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    If you have an Apple device and any kind of “smart” TV, especially one made fairly recently, experiment with the Nugs app now and see if you can get it to cast. I just tried it and was able to cast seamlessly from my iPad right to a 2018 Samsung TV in my bedroom. 

Open Nugs app -> select “Watch” on the bottom menu -> click the little TV icon in the upper left -> click the Airplay icon In the bottom left. A menu will come up showing devices that you can throw it to. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024

Ok I have laptop with HDMI and a cable. I will play around with that and try what @tdawe suggested. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,501
    edited September 2020
    If you have a laptop with an HDMI output just hook up your laptop to your TV.  You can log into nugs to start the video, enlarge the video on laptop and it looks and sounds great on the TV.

I have a laptop but it's an absolute piece of crap and no doubt will crash.  Will it also affect the quality?
    does it have an HDMI output?  If it's going to crash for sure you might just need to stick to your phone

or...go grab a chromecast....you can cast from the browser on there
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Ok...stupid question from a technologically challenged lady.  What is an HDMI cable and how do I know if I have one?

My ex would handle all this tech stuff so I have no fricken clue what I'm doing.  

• Ok...stupid question from a technologically challenged lady.  What is an HDMI cable and how do I know if I have one?

My ex would handle all this tech stuff so I have no fricken clue what I'm doing.  
    Not a stupid question, I just figured this out. So do you have a fire stick or anything like that? Basically the end that plugs into the tv...that same type of fit would be on the computer. So on both ends of the cord is a plug that fits into the HDMI of tv and the other for the computer. Hope that makes sense!

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

An HDMI cable is a standard cable that runs from cable box, blu ray, PS, in to an input on the tv. Computers and laptops have had this port for a long time, you can buy a cheap cable and run it from the computer to the TV. The TV then acts as a big monitor.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Or just follow it from your TV, pull it out of the cable box, plug in laptop.
  • If anyone has a Chromecast, the Chrome browser has built in casting. You can cast from the browser on your computer since the Nugs app doesn't support Chromecast (why? That's stupid). The Chromecast then pulls the feed from the internet, it only uses the computer to, basically, get directed to the web address. Going and buying a Chromecast is cheaper than going out and getting an Apple TV, unless you were thinking of buying one anyways. 
  • RS65573 said:
    Or just follow it from your TV, pull it out of the cable box, plug in laptop.
    No cable. 🤷🏼‍♀️

An HDMI cable is a standard cable that runs from cable box, blu ray, PS, in to an input on the tv. Computers and laptops have had this port for a long time, you can buy a cheap cable and run it from the computer to the TV. The TV then acts as a big monitor.
    Thank you for this.  I think I figured it out.  If I take the cord out of the Nintendo switch and plug into my laptop that should work?

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Ok...stupid question from a technologically challenged lady.  What is an HDMI cable and how do I know if I have one?

Thank you for this.  I think I figured it out.  If I take the cord out of the Nintendo switch and plug into my laptop that should work?
    Yes
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • demetrios said:
    Thank you that is really helpful! 

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

Yep
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,303
    demetrios said:
    Thank you that is really helpful! 

No problemo! :) 
  • Should work on an Xbox I'm guessing? Just use the internet browser
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Thank you all for your help! Cheers and happy home shows weekend! Boy did i need this ❤️😭

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• how do you get the audio to work?
  • I just connected with hdmi connector and it’s working with the volume on my tv

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Tried so many options... HDMI from laptop... Browser on smart tv... Casting from the app on my iPhone... Never got the audio to work. As soon as I maximized the screen size on my laptop the sound is gone. Fuck it... I'm watching the Better Than Nothing Moline production. Cheers.
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23 * Las Vegas 5/18/24 * Wrigley 8/29/24
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited September 2020
    For anyone having sound issues....go to sound settings on your laptop. Change your output setting, at least thats what I had to do.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited September 2020
    Apple TV working and sounds great. Now if I can only figure out how to change from b/w to color 😉
    Post edited by SHZA on