RSD 2020, now for BLACK FRIDAY

Comments

• GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    The Who - Odds And Sods

PLEEEEEEASE!
    I got this album on RSD. It is great. If you are still looking, I saw one of these last Saturday at at record store in NYC. They are really old school. Don't know if they have a website to order from. This was the only website I could find with their info. Maybe give them a call.

Hey GlowGirl thanks for the heads up. Fortunately mickeyrat was kind enough to hook me up! Thanks again Miles!

welcome. spun it yet?
    Yep. Just the first side of the first disc but it sounds great! Gonna make time this weekend to spin the rest.

So you must have listened to the song, Glow Girl ;)

I sure did. Love this song. A great example of Pete never letting a good idea go to waste, and revisiting past ideas. I'm referring of course to the "It's a girl" refrain that would later feature so prominently on Tommy. Whenever I see your forum name I smile.

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I got Ramones Its Alive 2 and Dinosaur Jr Swedish Fist. A lot easier than normal RSD. 
  • WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    Still in search of Fleetwood Mac RSD 2020.
    For trades, take your pick:
    Dinosaur Jr. Swedish Fist RSD
    Brandi Carlile RSD
    Yardbirds RSD
    Pearl Jam Unplugged RSD
    Allman Brothers RSD
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    WildFly said:
    Brandi Carlile RSD
    Yardbirds RSD
    Pearl Jam Unplugged RSD
    Allman Brothers RSD

might be wise to list which Allmans rsd title that is. Altlanta Pop festival one or the most recent Fillmore release.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,595
    I'd be all over that clutch release. Too rich for me now, but looks great. Would be tough to answer that what did you buy question when I got home. "I only got one (boxset)"
    mickeyrat said:
    WildFly said:
    Brandi Carlile RSD
    Yardbirds RSD
    Pearl Jam Unplugged RSD
    Allman Brothers RSD

might be wise to list which Allmans rsd title that is. Altlanta Pop festival one or the most recent Fillmore release.
    Update: Allman Brothers Fillmore West 1-31-71 RSD 2020
    @brianlux did you ever get that dinosaur jr?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:
    @brianlux did you ever get that dinosaur jr?

No, unfortunately not.  The only way to get one now is on eBay or Discogs and the flippers are asking ridiculous prices.  I really don't get it with these RSD releases by great  bands that get limited pressings.  That leaves a lot of fans out of the loop.  I guess these days, I can't blame flippers for wanting to make a little extra cash, but if the pressing were not so limited, all fans would be able to have the records.

Oh well, first world problem, LOL. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Anyone know if the Dinosaur Jr might get a CD release some day?
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    erebus said:
    Anyone know if the Dinosaur Jr might get a CD release some day?

Good question.  Their Bug Live at the 9:30 Club, an excellent live album, never got a CD release.  Vinyl only (and quite a nice one!).  I always though it would made a great CD to listen to in the car.  So maybe not?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Can someone help a rat out? Looking to get the Miles Davis title tomorrow butvam unable to attend anywhere due to a last minute family business thing in vegas.

Would certainly appreciate a little help.

Bump. help out the rat. Please post here if you score it so others don't buy too. If you miss it try on line. Usually easy. I don't plan to go or I'd try for you.
  • I’m visiting family in Ontario... but just might stop by Cosmic Dave’s this afternoon. I’ll have a look. 
    I’m hoping to score one of the RAA Hometowns splatter RE myself. Not thinking I’ll be that lucky 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I cant make it out there this morning.  If anyone sees Freddie Gibbs “Pinata 1974” id love to pay you for it. Thanks!

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Looking for a Neal Casal release today. 
    Fade away diamond time 
    I cant make it out there this morning.  If anyone sees Freddie Gibbs “Pinata 1974” id love to pay you for it. Thanks!

facebook can be a good thing sometimes.

a spot of mine had each. my miles and this. since they've taken care of folks in line already , were willing to do requests for holds. I called in to have both held for me to pick up on monday......

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited October 2020
    Ahh thank you so much mickey!!  I’ll PM you
    ISO: The Allman Brothers- An evening with Oct. RSD, either color vinyl works, Thanks all!!!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    I’m first in line at a small local record store. Not sure how much stuff or what they got. Opens at 10am PT.
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    edited October 2020
    Can anyone help me with Skid Row’s Slave to the Grind? Was second to ask about it at local shop but they got five and other picked it up before I got a turn. Only thing I wanted.
    Post edited by AfghanTwilight on
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I’m visiting family in Ontario... but just might stop by Cosmic Dave’s this afternoon. I’ll have a look. 
    I’m hoping to score one of the RAA Hometowns splatter RE myself. Not thinking I’ll be that lucky 
    I’m in Alberta and hoping for the same thing. Gonna be tough though, only 250 pressed I think. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    toolie said:
    I’m visiting family in Ontario... but just might stop by Cosmic Dave’s this afternoon. I’ll have a look. 
    I’m in Alberta and hoping for the same thing. Gonna be tough though, only 250 pressed I think. 
    Not all the records came in.  Said he ordered a couple RAA and took my name and number. He thought he would get them when the supply chain began working. Fingers crossed.
    Picked up Alice Cooper live in Glasgow. Was slim pickings really. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Didn’t really see anything this time I wanted. But I am really hoping to get U2 Boy on Black Friday. I have a feeling that will go fast. My record store guy said if they get that one in he may be able to hold it for me 🤞
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I just wanted the Miles release, but it looks like that one is not to be—that is, unless more stock arrives at some stores. I’ll try Bull Moose tomorrow, but I’m not holding my breath. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    If anyone can provide a link/lead for the Neal Casal release I would very much appreciate it.
    dankind said:
    I just wanted the Miles release, but it looks like that one is not to be—that is, unless more stock arrives at some stores. I’ll try Bull Moose tomorrow, but I’m not holding my breath. 
    Good luck dankind. I listened to side one...what a journey. Going to take my time digesting this. wild ride. I'm pretty sure you need this.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    Good luck dankind. I listened to side one...what a journey. Going to take my time digesting this. wild ride. I'm pretty sure you need this.
    Thanks to a helpful link from a fellow 10 Clubber, I should be all set. 

Coming from Looney Tunes, and I actually got a shipping email. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:
    Thanks to a helpful link from a fellow 10 Clubber, I should be all set. 

Coming from Looney Tunes, and I actually got a shipping email. 

ok. he sent to you too. good.

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    /SUNOFA...I was in line at Tiny Record Shop and they had a pile. Sorry I didn't see this til now.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    GlowGirl said:
    Didn’t really see anything this time I wanted. But I am really hoping to get U2 Boy on Black Friday. I have a feeling that will go fast. My record store guy said if they get that one in he may be able to hold it for me 🤞
    I think that release has like 11k copies. You should be safe. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: