Options

Pearl Jam 2020 postponed posters

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,671
    Man, glad I was on-line when these hit the store and I grabbed one. I honestly thought they wouldn't sell so fast, given that the MSG Mumford took over a week.
    MSG Mumford still there.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Groda03Groda03 Posts: 140
    I ended up with an MSG Mumford (tour), a Baltimore Regular Edition (AP), and a Baltimore Regular Edition (Tour).  Very excited about this.  
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    KS80184 said:
    DE4173 said:
    #2 =)

What's really interesting about that sort is how poor Quebec City is doing.  I'm not a big fan, but it's lower selling than the $10 Fleet Center photo poster?  Obviously hasn't been up as long, but still...
    How can you tell which poster is selling the best?  Other then the ones that are sold out. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,012
    D-Rod said:
    KS80184 said:
    DE4173 said:
    #2 =)

What's really interesting about that sort is how poor Quebec City is doing.  I'm not a big fan, but it's lower selling than the $10 Fleet Center photo poster?  Obviously hasn't been up as long, but still...
    How can you tell which poster is selling the best?  Other then the ones that are sold out. 
    You can change the filter on the posters page to best selling 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Hawk123 said:
    D-Rod said:
    KS80184 said:
    DE4173 said:
    #2 =)

You can change the filter on the posters page to best selling 
    Nice, I never tried that .  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Habit4me said:
    KS80184 said:
    DE4173 said:
    #2 =)

Which is weird because artistically, it is one of the best, and the poster is going to look like a beauty once it is properly framed and hung on the wall.  
    It is nice but I just don't get the appeal of buying a poster for a show that never happened.  To each their own.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    Santos and the others in the warehouse the last  few days ....

Rollin Keep Rollin GIF - Rollin KeepRollin LimpBizkit GIFs
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    mcgruff10 said:
    Habit4me said:
    KS80184 said:
    DE4173 said:
    #2 =)

Which is weird because artistically, it is one of the best, and the poster is going to look like a beauty once it is properly framed and hung on the wall.  
    It is nice but I just don't get the appeal of buying a poster for a show that never happened.  To each their own.
    I usually wouldn’t consider buying a poster for a show I didn’t attend personally, no matter hor much I liked it. But I get this - it’s like a monument to an alternative history.
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Jed said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    Loujoe said:

Really thought mumford would have been long gone on day one. Maybe it will sit there with emek. It's been hard to decifer pssts and snag tough prints in the past. Now the game has changed to no game. Still fun to see all the posters pop on the poster page. 
    sort it by "Best Selling"....kind of interesting
    I've never noticed the 'best selling' sort. that is cool. But now I feel really bad for the Quebec poster. It's way down there :-(
    Don’t worry, once Oakland is released it will take over that last spot from Quebec. 
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,266
    pjpjpaul said:
    Far from new, that has been happening for a long time. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    edited August 2020
    AK278060 said:
    Been collecting PJ posters 25+ yrs- never post here, someone told me about this thread. OCD level is off the charts. What’s going on here? Incessant debating on which posters get “best selling” status, hitting reload nonstop to get a “event” variant when it’s the same thing as a “tour”, speculating on which “sells out”? Are you going to flip it on eBay as an ultra rare “event” variant??? People stalking artist instas to get APs and then flip em on eBay and people actually buying regulars on eBay for 100+ when they are ~40 shipped? We are one of the best fan bases out there- this poster mania is on another level. I bought a few, sure. But the incessant focus on every triviality of the poster selling process- wow. 

Btw- we are the ones doing the band a favor. We are buying already manufactured merch at retail for events that didn’t happen, and doing so through their existing e-commerce platform, none of the in person logistical nightmare issues that occur from concert poster sales. 

Also, why the utter surprise that regular way posters aren’t selling out? These are actually niche items. Sure, they sell out at the shows, you have a captive audience of rabid fans that are there and want a souvenir + the collectors + the speculators. But online, w no event, no captive audience, no promotion? They’re just isn’t the demand for 60k posters to just sell out- feels like it’s the same 100 people here buying most items lol. Sorry, not hating on anyone, do what makes you happy, this is just really surprising, feels like this focus is sort of misguided. 
    1- you suck
    2- you this is crazy go check out the Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies thread...F5ers... now thats bat shit crazy
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    It’s probably a combination of all of the above and some other stuff as well. In any event the lesson I take away from this is: for future tours they should pre-sell posters to any club member who wants one, to be printed and delivered some time after the show. 
    I've seen this idea floated here before and I love it.. Add an option for a show poster to the ticket request.
    Already happened once for the 2009 tour. Why they didn’t continue doing this is a mystery to me and everyone else.
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Not to be an ass, but why are you even bothering reading through this thread? 55 pages about posters for shows that didn't happen.

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    epbadger said:
    AK278060 said:
    Been collecting PJ posters 25+ yrs- never post here, someone told me about this thread. OCD level is off the charts. What’s going on here? Incessant debating on which posters get “best selling” status, hitting reload nonstop to get a “event” variant when it’s the same thing as a “tour”, speculating on which “sells out”? Are you going to flip it on eBay as an ultra rare “event” variant??? People stalking artist instas to get APs and then flip em on eBay and people actually buying regulars on eBay for 100+ when they are ~40 shipped? We are one of the best fan bases out there- this poster mania is on another level. I bought a few, sure. But the incessant focus on every triviality of the poster selling process- wow. 

Btw- we are the ones doing the band a favor. We are buying already manufactured merch at retail for events that didn’t happen, and doing so through their existing e-commerce platform, none of the in person logistical nightmare issues that occur from concert poster sales. 

Also, why the utter surprise that regular way posters aren’t selling out? These are actually niche items. Sure, they sell out at the shows, you have a captive audience of rabid fans that are there and want a souvenir + the collectors + the speculators. But online, w no event, no captive audience, no promotion? They’re just isn’t the demand for 60k posters to just sell out- feels like it’s the same 100 people here buying most items lol. Sorry, not hating on anyone, do what makes you happy, this is just really surprising, feels like this focus is sort of misguided. 
    1- you suck
    2- you this is crazy go check out the Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies thread...F5ers... now thats bat shit crazy
    Lol. I was a dedicated f5er (as were my kids upon my request) for Baltimore tix AND I’ve enjoyed this thread AND I scored a Baltimore poster today with every intention to hang it.  Bat shit crazy?  Maybe. Then I realized that this shit gives me joy so Im not only proud of myself for doing something that gives me joy but so grateful that my current life situation allows me the time and $$ to do just that.  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,568
    Habit4me said:
    Not to be an ass, but why are you even bothering reading through this thread? 55 pages about posters for shows that didn't happen.

It’s a forum... we can all chime in with our opinions. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Its art....i buy posters for shows ive been to (some im still trying to get)....shows my wife and I've been to, and lots that I/we just thonk are really cool....walls are filled in the basement (currently redoing) and portfolios.  To each his own
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Its art....i buy posters for shows ive been to (some im still trying to get)....shows my wife and I've been to, and lots that I/we just thonk are really cool....walls are filled in the basement (currently redoing) and portfolios.  To each his own
    Agreed. I am not a poster collector like many of you are. Right now I have two PJ posters - one for a show I was at, one I found in a thrift store and was not at the show. I just got the Baltimore one today that I had tickets for, but am also thinking of getting the Oklahoma one just because I like the design, and for $35, why not? Gotta do what makes you happy!

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Baltimore is the first one ive bought for this tour so my self control is impressive.  

Quebec is far and away the nicest one IMO.  
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,518
    Habit4me said:

"Not to be an ass." Translation: "Here comes something an ass would say."  
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    SHZA said:
    Habit4me said:

"Not to be an ass." Translation: "Here comes something an ass would say."  
    Damn. Busted. That settles that. Guess I'm an ass. Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone! 
  • Options
    RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 332
    edited August 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    Agreed. I am not a poster collector like many of you are. Right now I have two PJ posters - one for a show I was at, one I found in a thrift store and was not at the show. I just got the Baltimore one today that I had tickets for, but am also thinking of getting the Oklahoma one just because I like the design, and for $35, why not? Gotta do what makes you happy!

I've gotten a poster for every show I've been to. A few of those had to find online and really search for a few because at the time I hadn't decided yet I like posters. One, Denver 98, is beat to hell, but after professionally framing looks pretty good. Another, Council Bluffs 03, is my favorite. Since I've managed to scrape getting all of them at shows although a couple were tough. Mumford for Boston two years ago I was among the first in line to get in, chose the wrong merch stand, missed it by two people, and a guy I had been chatting with (love the community) while waiting to get saw me empty handed me and sold me the one he got. The process is as fun as all of it. But damn, if I do not love those things on my wall.

I decided to get the posters from the four shows I have tickets to that didn't happen. I like most of them anyway, but it isn't super expensive, they are available, it's kind of a unique different thing because they are for canceled shows and for me, I just enjoy it. Haven't decided if I am going to frame them like the rest, but I probably will. It's a little thing, it's what I like and like you said, do what makes you happy! I can't wait to get them.
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • Options
    Baltimore is the first one ive bought for this tour so my self control is impressive.  

Quebec is far and away the nicest one IMO.  

Lots of people like that Quebec poster from what I've seen, I did buy it, but not nearly at the top for me of the posters being released
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I've gotten a poster for every show I've been to. A few of those had to find online and really search for a few because at the time I hadn't decided yet I like posters. One, Denver 98, is beat to hell, but after professionally framing looks pretty good. Another, Council Bluffs 03, is my favorite. Since I've managed to scrape getting all of them at shows although a couple were tough. Mumford for Boston two years ago I was among the first in line to get in, chose the wrong merch stand, missed it by two people, and a guy I had been chatting with (love the community) while waiting to get saw me empty handed me and sold me the one he got. The process is as fun as all of it. But damn, if I do not love those things on my wall.

I decided to get the posters from the four shows I have tickets to that didn't happen. I like most of them anyway, but it isn't super expensive, they are available, it's kind of a unique different thing because they are for canceled shows and for me, I just enjoy it. Haven't decided if I am going to frame them like the rest, but I probably will. It's a little thing, it's what I like and like you said, do what makes you happy! I can't wait to get them.
    I wish I started collecting earlier, I didn't know I wanted to collect either.  Its fun though  IMO
  • Options
    Steve GSteve G New Jersey Posts: 46
    Well I got lucky snagged a Baltimore just as it went up. Same for MSG as well. I have tickets to both shows and F5 my way to luckily snag a pair a week before the band cancelled. I had numerous close calls with GA 3 times. So if nothing else the Baltimore poster marks the long effort as a badge of honor.  But I only get poster for shows I went to. 
    8/12/92-Stanhope NJ
    9/8/98-E.Rutherford NJ
    9/10/98-New York, NY
    9/11/98-New York, NY
    8/12/2000-Tampa, FL
    8/23-25/2000- Wantagh, NY
    10/5/2000-Tornoto, Canada
    4/30/03-Uniondale, NY
    5/3/03-State College, PA
    7/8-9/03-New York, NY
    7/14/03-Holmdel, NJ
    10/3/05-Philadelphia, PA
    6/1-3/06-E.Rutherford, NJ
    6/24-25/08-New York, NY
    10/30/09-Philadelphia, PA
    5/18/10-Newark, NJ
    5/20-21/10-New York, NY
    10/18/13-Brooklyn, NY
    10/25/13-Hartford, CT
    9/26/15-New York, NY
    4/8/16-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    4/9/16-Miami, FL
    5/1-2/16-New York, NY
    9/2/18-Boston, MA
    9/11/22-New York, NY
    9/14/22-Camden, NJ

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,205
    Steve G said:
    Well I got lucky snagged a Baltimore just as it went up. Same for MSG as well. I have tickets to both shows and F5 my way to luckily snag a pair a week before the band cancelled. I had numerous close calls with GA 3 times. So if nothing else the Baltimore poster marks the long effort as a badge of honor.  But I only get poster for shows I went to. 
    I got the Baltimore poster, but passed on the MSG even though I have tickets for that show as well. The design for that wasn’t my style. May get the Oklahoma since I really like that poster. Technically, none of us are going to any of these shows so it’s really only shows we would have been at. But I am happy to have a souvenir of that Baltimore F5 extravaganza. 
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    GlowGirl said:
    Steve G said:
    I got the Baltimore poster, but passed on the MSG even though I have tickets for that show as well. The design for that wasn’t my style. May get the Oklahoma since I really like that poster. Technically, none of us are going to any of these shows so it’s really only shows we would have been at. But I am happy to have a souvenir of that Baltimore F5 extravaganza. 
    Yes! had to have the Baltimore!
    but only some of us get it.
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    epbadger said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Steve G said:
    Yes! had to have the Baltimore!
    but only some of us get it.
    Yes I got one for Baltimore because of all the F5ing I did. I wasn’t quick enough to get a ticket but I got the poster.

F5er for life !

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,418
    AK278060 said:

It's been like this since Al Gore invented the internet. The good news for you is, as a result of this madness, your stack of paper is likely worth thousands vs. tens in case you ever need to cash out. So you're welcome. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,548
    Are poster amounts for each show based on venue size or is it the same? For example the Baltimore venue had a 14,000 seat capacity and MSG goes up to 20,000.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Are poster amounts for each show based on venue size or is it the same? For example the Baltimore venue had a 14,000 seat capacity and MSG goes up to 20,000.
    From what I’ve seen quoted on here from the artist themselves, available poster quantities are roughly 10-15% of the venue seating capacity.