Off The Mound with Ryan Dempster | Eddie Vedder

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,305
edited August 2020 in The Porch

Pearl Jam frontman and lifelong Cubs fan Eddie Vedder joins host Ryan Dempster to discuss his love for the Cubs, a special bond he had with Ernie Banks and many other unique stories from the road and his time in and around Wrigley Field.

Running time: 36:04

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Is there a link? :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    Thanks man!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,835
    Thanks dude, I’ve tried DVRing the show but apparently Marquee Sports Network has it listed always at the wrong times.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,305
    No worries. Hope we get a chance to see the whole broadcast on YouTube.
  • Just found out that video's available on the Off the Mound website. And we're getting part 2 next week apparently. Here's the link :)
    https://offthemound.com/video
    Just found out that video's available on the Off the Mound website. And we're getting part 2 next week apparently. Here's the link :)
    Thank you! :) 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,134
    edited August 2020
    Join a Neil Young, KISS, videogame, Hellraiser podcast or something.

Talk about something else than sports Eddie.

or Marc Maron. Hellraiser or Marc Maron.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,759
    thx!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Join a Neil Young, KISS, videogame, Hellraiser podcast or something.

I was just thinking that.  How much did we even hear about Ed and his love for the Cubs before Wrigley was a thing?  Since then, it's all we ever hear about anymore. 

I was just thinking that.  How much did we even hear about Ed and his love for the Cubs before Wrigley was a thing?  Since then, it's all we ever hear about anymore. 
    Good Lord. Who the hell are either of you to tell Eddie Vedder or frankly anyone what to talk about? It's a fricking sports podcast. Psst. They'll talk about sports. 

Good Lord. Who the hell are either of you to tell Eddie Vedder or frankly anyone what to talk about? It's a fricking sports podcast. Psst. They'll talk about sports. 
    lol   It's just a general observation, that's all.  He doesn't do many interviews, but when he does it's often about the Cubs.  
    edited August 2020
    Just found out that video's available on the Off the Mound website. And we're getting part 2 next week apparently. Here's the link :)

Thank you!

Can't wait to see Side B.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,769
    ^^^Thanks for the Link^^^
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Posts: 1,770
    edited August 2020
    I feel like Ed’s been around Wrigley forever. Shit he was singing the 7th since early 2000s. Wrote All the Way in 2007. Maybe he loves baseball and probably talks music way more than he wants. Shit we’re probably just like him talking about PJ anytime someone mentions music, how many of your friends know you’re a diehard PJ fan? Now how many of your acquaintances know? That’s too many 
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • I feel like Ed’s been around Wrigley forever. Shit he was singing the 7th since early 2000s. Wrote All the Way in 2007. Maybe he loves baseball and probably talks music way more than he wants. Shit we’re probably just like him talking about PJ anytime someone mentions music, how many of your friends know you’re a diehard PJ fan? Now how many of your acquaintances know? That’s too many 
    Absolutely! I know for sure most of my acquaintances know what bands, books, etc I love. I don't know about you guys, but I really find it hard to stick to simply one topic I'm passionate about, especially if I see a connection between them and even more so if the I know the other person will at some level understand what I'm talking about. Ed's clearly passionate about both music and baseball... it's a sports podcast but still he draws parallels between watching games played in empty stadiums and his experience watching The Who rehearse in this garage-like setting. I think it's just natural to make these kinds of connections. Jeff kinda does the same thing with basketball, skating and music... 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,134
    edited August 2020
    Join a Neil Young, KISS, videogame, Hellraiser podcast or something.

Psst. That's why I wrote he should join in on another NON-SPORT POD. THAT'S WHY I PUT "HELLRAISER" AS AN EXAMPLE BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN THAT YOU WON'T CONNECT IT TO SPORTS. I KNOW THAT EDDIE VEDDER WOULD NOT SIT FOR AN HOUR AND GO ALL IN ON CLIVE BARKER AND HOW COOL THE CENOBITES ARE -- BUT IT WAS TO POINT OUT HE COULD TALK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE BUT SPORTS.

And who am I? A fan. So I will have opinions on things regarding what I am a fan of.

What are you?

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"