Options

Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 5 with 7” original instrumental song by Eddie Vedder

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850

What do you get with a subscription? 

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    I've done the singles club a couple of times, ultimately, theres only 2-3 of the 12 that I want to keep. This looks to be following suit. 

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/241781485875968/posts/3078990032155085/

Eddie and Nick Zinner of Yeah Yeah Yeahs join the #SubPopSinglesClub! Subscribe now to get a limited 7" with an original instrumental by Eddie from the now-streaming film Return to Mt. Kennedy with Nick's remix of the song - proceeds benefit Fair Fight Action: u.subpop.com/SinglesClub5

• Options

My first subpop single ! I remixed a beautiful instrumental eddie vedder track from his soundtrack to the @mtkennedyfilm, made by yyys tour manager @malomadness . I used to seek out subpop singles as a teenager so Im really happy to be on the b-side here. And proceeds will go to @fairfightaction 👍
    Repost from @subpop

@pearljam's Eddie Vedder and Nick Zinner of @yeahyeahyeahs join the #SubPopSinglesClub!

Subscribe now to get a ltd. 7” w/original instrumental by Eddie from the now-streaming @mtkennedyfilm, b/w Nick’s striking remix of the song -> u.subpop.com/SinglesClub5.
    [📷: Eddie and Bobby Whittaker (of the film Return to Mt. Kennedy)]
    Proceeds benefit @fairfightaction.

• Options
    Yuck
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    Had a had a couple of beers and thought “why the hell not.” Looking forward to getting the Eddie single
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    Does sub pop ever have left overs they put up sale on their own?  I really only want the Eddie Vedder 7" $170usd is a lot to play for one record (but not of the realm of something I've done before).
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,944
    Nope.
  • Options
    Nope.
    Damn, that creates some challenges.. haha.. I've not bought something before, only to have a bigger and bigger desire to add it to the collection.  Then I end up paying even more for it than if I had just bought it at the beginning.

It does remind me of nhl tickets though.  You need to buy minipacks to get decent seats, they throw 1 or 2 good games in the pack, then a bunch of pairs for mediocre teams.  Gets you to buy the stuff you wouldn't ordinarily want.  I guess it's clever.

• Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I signed up. Who knows what cool sounds will hit my ears due to this subscription?
  • Options

The Sub Pop Singles Club is back for another round! We are now taking subscriptions for the fifth volume of our storied vinyl 7” subscription service. Join now to get 12 limited-edition, great-sounding, great-looking little vinyl records delivered straight to your mailbox between April 2020 and February 2021

Just what the heck is this so-called “club,” you ask? Well, the short version is that intermittently, since 1988, Sub Pop has roped artists into letting us release a couple of their songs on the 7” vinyl format, resulting in releases by Nirvana, Soundgarden, L7, The White Stripes, Bright Eyes, and a ton more. We then shipped these singles to people who had the forethought to subscribe, in advance, to the Singles Club. Many of these singles have since become very rare and sought-after. (Ok, so a few haven’t, but who’s counting?) Most recently, we somehow pulled off the Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 4, running from April 2019-February 2020 (and totally closed for subscriptions since February, so don’t ask!). You can hear many of the past Singles Club releases via the Sub Pop Singles Club Playlist

The Sub Pop Singles Club Vol. 5 will keep this fine tradition of excellent new music and logistical headaches going for yet another year. These singles are one-time, limited pressings with exclusive tracks by each artist. Subscribe now or assuredly regret later!

What do you get with a subscription? 

How much? This much:
    $130 for the U.S.
    $170 for Canada
    $185 for Mexico
    $195 for the rest of the world. 

Shipping is included in each of those prices. 

If you’re the gift-giving type, know that if you subscribe by December 16th we will have the above-mentioned membership card in the mail to you before we close for the holidays (which should - no guarantees - arrive to addresses in the United States by Christmas). 

Answers to frequently and often aggressively asked questions:

• Subscribing is the only way to get the physical 7”s. They will not be available in stores.
    • You can subscribe from anywhere in the world. 
    • You can purchase a subscription as a gift – simply enter the recipient’s name and address in the delivery address fields for your order.
    • Each single will be available for streaming and digital purchase two weeks after that single ships. But by then you will no longer be able to subscribe to the vinyl version. You should do that part now. 
    • Subscriptions are exempt from any Mega Mart sale discounts. 
    • You can buy a subscription in the same order as other items you wish to purchase from us. We will ship the rest of your order as soon as possible, but no Singles Club 7”s will ship until April 2020, when you’ll get the first two, with successive singles to follow in pairs every other month thereafter. (We are shipping two singles at a time, every other month, because shipping is expensive and we want this subscription to be relatively affordable.)
    • If you need to change your address at any point during your subscription, please email websales@subpop.com.

• Options

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551

• Options

=) 
  • Options
    Damn.  I really should pull the trigger on this.  It'll feel like there's a hole in my collection if I don't.

I paid through the nose to get an All the Way vinyl...  I bet if I don't order this for $170usd that in a few years I'll regret it and pay more just to get the 7" single.  It just seems such a shame as I don't really want all the other singles.  I guess I might get lucky and find I like some of them.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    What is the deadline for the subscription?
  • Options
    Air23 said:
    Not sure. I'll message them and see if I get an answer. 
  • Options

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Air23 said:
    I’m actually surprised they are still taking subscriptions, I signed up for vol. 4. I want to say near the end of 2018, and I think they stopped Taking subscriptions by record store day 2019.
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    I just received the first 4 singles and the box. I gave each of the singles a spin. If you're on the fence because you're not sure about getting a bunch of singles you don't want, I'd say pull the trigger. I was very pleasantly surprised that I really liked the first 4. Here's the rundown on each so far:

Guerilla Toss — Total '80s new wave vibe. Felt like I was listening to Berlin or something like that. Would feel very much at home on like the Valley Girl soundtrack. I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit and will definitely re-spin.

Father John Misty — Awesome. I like him anyway, so this was great. Super chill stripped down acoustic songs. Definitely a re-spin.

L.O.T.I.O.N. — A Wax Trax industrial throw back. Think Front 242 or Nitzer Ebb. I'm from Chicago so early '90s industrial is something I dig. I will re-spin, but it won't be on heavy rotation.

Y La Bamba — Was okay. Very soft indie sound. Like a Latin version of Iron and Wine or Yo La Tengo. Pretty. Not sure I'd re-spin, but you never know. Not bad by any means, but I'd definitely have to be in that very indie mood to put it on. And that mood doesn't come too often for me. 

Overall, very happy with the set so far. Obviously I'm most excited for the Eddie instrumental. Again, if you're on the fence because of all the other music, hopefully this might give you an idea of what else you'd get. 
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,406
    edited September 2020
    Freaking mailman stuffed the Eddie vinyl into the mailbox. Should have just put the Eddie vinyl with the rest.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    Bummer. Ask for a replacement. they should hook you up. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Bummer. Ask for a replacement. they should hook you up. 
    Pretty sure the same thing will happen again 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    USPS always tries to fold 45’s into a horseshoe.  No matter where i live.  Even if it says “do not bend” or “leave at front door”.  I havent bought any singles in years because of that.  
  • Options
    I caved and order this today.  It would probably bug me to have a 7" out there not in my collection.  Then I'd end up paying more to get it down the road.   It's not that I have to have every single, but I like to have at least one version of every single :)

Luckily my mail box at the front of the house flaps up.  If I get a 7" in the mail the mailperson just leaves in the mailbox with the flap up.  No need to squish in there.

If I get something bigger like a 12" they just leave it in front of the door.   I did once (maybe twice) have a 7" squished when I used to live in an apartment and it had mail slots.  That definitely sucked :(
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Listening to this right now.  Very nice emotional song.  Was not expecting an instrumental; but the music does quite a bit of talking on this track.  Glad I bought in.

Andrew
  • Options

• Options
    Sub Pop package will be here tomorrow. Though not sure if the EV vinyl is included in this shipment from them. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Sub Pop package will be here tomorrow. Though not sure if the EV vinyl is included in this shipment from them. 
    They come separately.  That's why mine was bent. Instead of being in the box with the others 
    I miss igotid88