Temple of the Frog

Anyone ever hear of this?  
I asked a guy what his first Pearl Jam show was and he told me a story about Pearl Jam playing at Milos in Aurora, Illinois sometime around '91-92.   It was Stone and Ed on stage with a few others he can't recall.  They were playing under the name Temple of the Frog. 

They did play in Dekalb, Illinois in 1991 at the Duke Ellington Ballroom which is about 30 miles from Aurora... but I can't find anything about a "Temple of the Frog" show.  

I thought a Temple of the Frog album cover would be funny so I designed this.  

I'm like a tab

Comments

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2020
    Not Temple of the Frog, but Nuclear Love Frogs.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,828
    There's nothing on TwoFeetThick.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • There's nothing on TwoFeetThick.
    I did an hour of research... I couldn't find a single PJ Temple of the Frog reference. 

I'm like a tab
    Alice in Chains and Mookie Blaylock then joined forces again for a three-show run starting Feb. 10 at San Diego's Bacchanal. Footage of Vedder joining the headliners on stage at this specific show is included on Alice In Chains' 1999 Music Bank: The Videos collection.

That show was followed up by two Los Angeles-area shows, one of which, the Feb. 11 performance at Hollywood's Club With No Name, is embedded below. That night, Vedder told the audience that the group "is expecting a call [from basketball player Blaylock's lawyer] the next day," and that the next time people see them, the band will more than likely be performing "under a different name like Nuclear Love Frogs."

Source: https://ultimatepearljam.com/pearl-jam-mookie-blaylock-tour/
    pearljamonline.it
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,114
    raindog80 said:
    Alice in Chains and Mookie Blaylock then joined forces again for a three-show run starting Feb. 10 at San Diego's Bacchanal. Footage of Vedder joining the headliners on stage at this specific show is included on Alice In Chains' 1999 Music Bank: The Videos collection.

That show was followed up by two Los Angeles-area shows, one of which, the Feb. 11 performance at Hollywood's Club With No Name, is embedded below. That night, Vedder told the audience that the group "is expecting a call [from basketball player Blaylock's lawyer] the next day," and that the next time people see them, the band will more than likely be performing "under a different name like Nuclear Love Frogs."

Source: https://ultimatepearljam.com/pearl-jam-mookie-blaylock-tour/
    It would be great if someone from the band would chime in or an old time roadie.

Thx @raindog80 for doing some investigating.
    Thx @raindog80 for doing some investigating.
    You're welcome. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 343
    I believe the venue in question is called Malo's Rock & Roll Studio. I have found a Facebook group with people posting some memories. https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Business/Malos-Rock-Roll-Studio-Memories-195181874364/
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.