Speaker Recommendation

Need a recommendation for bookshelf speakers in like the under $200 range. Had a nice set (older though) but the wife accidentally tossed them in the dumpster when we moved!  Thank you!

Comments

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Bummer about your speakers! That sucks!

Lots of decent options in that price range. Some of the smaller Klipsch, Polk, Infinity and Wharfedale bookshelf speakers sound great, and bigger than you would expect from a small enclosure. 

If I were you, I'd keep an eye on craigslist for any of those mentioned above, or a set of older Advents, A/D/S or JBLs.

Good luck!

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    a local record shop near me has vintage equipment too.  check with your local places. if they dont happen to have stuff, maybe they can direct you?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2020
    If you are good at looking,  Elac debut 2.0 is as good as you can get in that price range, new they are more in the 280 to 400 range, but some refurbs, used, and older models may be had for a 200 ish area.  They will sound way better  than a  2/300 normally does.

Beware of used  and older stuff though, as ring rot of the foam/rubber that attaches the woofer to the cabinet may have ocurred, but look at a glance as perfectly fine.
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited July 2020
    Anyone have cerwin Vega LS-10s that could comment on them?
    Post edited by joberschlake on
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati