Anyone Ever Opened a Vault Vinyl and Been Missing A Record? Anything That Can Be Done?

Long story short, I just got around to opening my Vault 4 Mt. Baker to spin (4 kids, work full time, and we moved two years ago. Took a while to get my music listening room set back up). I was somewhat shocked to find that my Vault set had two copies of Side E/F, and no copies of Side A/B. Emailed Ten Club, but they have no sets left and aren't able to offer any help (they said I should have opened it and inspected it within 30 days of receipt). Anyone ever had this happen? Any idea on how I could possibly get a replacement of just the first record (Sides A/B that is missing)?

Thanks,

Mike
Chicago-United Center 6/18/2003
Chicago-United Center 5/17/2006
Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
Ed Solo Chicago-Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/2011 + 9/4/2011
Chicago-Wrigley 7/19/2013

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    May as well find a used copy.  Or one that hasn't been opened yet.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Didn't this happen with a number of copies of vault 3 as well?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited July 2020
    That was a common issue with vault 4.   
    I would only buy that vault if its opened.  I had the duplicate issue as well but they fixed it for me back then.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Yep - think it was with Vault 4.. Couldn't get a refund either as I bought second hand as sealed...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,134
    edited July 2020
    Eh.... what the fuck? I haven't opened my Vault 4... what the hell if I lack a record in it....

or Vault 3.

What do I do now... open them. Or sell them and buy opened ones... lol. 

Why not just fucking make sure you put the correct vinyl in...... . . ..
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • djmikeyz28djmikeyz28 Posts: 281
    You'd think that if this was a known issue, which it sounds like it was, that the record company could have provided some extra single records as replacements. Where's the ownership for a mistake? Things happen, but there should be a solution. Ten Club's response made it sound like this was my fault for not tearing open my vinyl and doing a thorough inspection right away. 
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    Had a duplicate record for one of the vaults, forget which. They had me break one of em and send em pictures. Then they sent a replacement record. 
    But after a few years and no replacements left, that just sucks...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Im still searching for you.  Might have an extra A/B
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I have one that isn't opened.  Think I might video opening it.  If it is missing a disc then I would have proof that it didn't ship with it.
    Im still searching for you.  Might have an extra A/B
    If you do, that would be fantastic. Appreciate you looking!
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    You'd think that if this was a known issue, which it sounds like it was, that the record company could have provided some extra single records as replacements. Where's the ownership for a mistake? Things happen, but there should be a solution. Ten Club's response made it sound like this was my fault for not tearing open my vinyl and doing a thorough inspection right away. 
    I'm sorry you experienced this, but it's seems a little unreasonable to expect them to replace something made to order over 5 years ago.  To replace that slab they'd have to send to a pressing plant.  
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
    CJ260717 said:
    I have one that isn't opened.  Think I might video opening it.  If it is missing a disc then I would have proof that it didn't ship with it.
    I doubt the reason they aren't doing something for it is because they don't believe him, it's likely that they don't have anything to replace it with.  These were made to order over 5 years ago so I doubt they have miscellaneous slabs laying around the warehouse.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    bone said:
    I'm sorry you experienced this, but it's seems a little unreasonable to expect them to replace something made to order over 5 years ago.  To replace that slab they'd have to send to a pressing plant.  
    True, but they could have sent out a notice years ago once they learned it was a common problem. and printed enough replacements to fix the mistake. 
    edited July 2020
    SHZA said:
    bone said:
    True, but they could have sent out a notice years ago once they learned it was a common problem. and printed enough replacements to fix the mistake. 
    Fair enough.  I don't recall if they did, but remember hearing about it at the time.  If there were enough of them they should have sent out something similar to when Lightning Bolt was all messed up and they did a mass correction for those who had really bad pressings. 

In this thread there are a few that haven't opened theirs.  Maybe they should open them and see if they might have a double of one of the ones the others missing and vice versa.  Kind of like trading cards.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,613
    They did fix it for those people who let them know right away.  Years later is a different story.
    edited July 2020
    Sorry i thought i had an extra A/B but i also have an extra E/F.   Cant help ya.   
    Sorry i thought i had an extra A/B but i also have an extra E/F.   Cant help ya.   
    Appreciate you checking for me!

Maybe this thread turns into a "my E/F for your A/B" trade thread? Haha
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I have a Mt. Baker A/B. It was passed to me, because it has a few skid marks that didn't play on the recipient's turntable, but plays on mine just fine.  If you would like to have it, I will pass it on to you.  Just PM me the particulars. (If you want some photos, I can do that. Just let me know.)  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:
    I have a Mt. Baker A/B. It was passed to me, because it has a few skid marks that didn't play on the recipient's turntable, but plays on mine just fine.  If you would like to have it, I will pass it on to you.  Just PM me the particulars. (If you want some photos, I can do that. Just let me know.)  
    PM sent! That would be awesome!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,176
    So the lesson here is don't buy a sealed Vault 4
    pjl44 said:
    So the lesson here is don't buy a sealed Vault 4
    Yes!
    I sold a sealed Vault 4 once to fund a poster and the whole time it was shipping i was like “man they’re gonna ask for a refund. I bet it has the same issue as mine did”.  Never heard back!  :lol:  
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,278
    After seeing this thread I opened my sealed Vault 4 and luckily, everything is good!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,176
    I sold a sealed Vault 4 once to fund a poster and the whole time it was shipping i was like “man they’re gonna ask for a refund. I bet it has the same issue as mine did”.  Never heard back!  :lol:  
    I filled out my vault collection a couple months ago and a sealed 4 was one of them. Opened it after reading this thread and all good fortunately. Hopefully yours was good, too. Open copies only!
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Posts: 408
    Schrödinger's Vault 4. Do you open the box to see what is inside?