Options

Happy Independence Day!

PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
edited July 2020 in A Moving Train
Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!  Hope everyone leaves this weekend with full bellies, fun memories, and all of your fingers attached!
Post edited by PJPOWER on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Happy Independence Day!!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Planning to bbq and watch some Twilight Zone. 

Later tonight a really nice block party outside on my street.  People of all colors and backgrounds hanging out (6 feet apart!), drinking, and a lot of fireworks.  
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    When the guns and firecrackers start up I'll be like this...
    hide

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We’ve had fireworks every single night for the past month or more. Our poor kitty. 

Today I celebrate independence in a personal sense :)

Hopefully some of that delicious bbq scent wafts our way. 

• Options
    It doesn’t get anymore American than tito s!!
  • Options
    Sing it, Ray.
    https://youtu.be/1OTRRzSuWro

My favorite comment:  "People were nervous and afraid after 911, when or where would the next attack be? The World Series, should it be cancelled? Fear not, brother Ray stepped forward and hit a home run far greater than any ball hit by a player."

And...play it, McCready.
    https://youtu.be/ZJtjXCJMQNw

*I must say that my personal pride comes not from where I was born, but from who I am.  And, I am because of the opportunities afforded my father and mother when they immigrated from Germany and Iran, respectively.  For that, I am thankful.
  • Options
    Have a big swig of that for me, mcgruff!

"Drink to me, drink to my health, you know I can't drink anymore"  - Picasso's last words :lol:
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    hide

8:22 est and the neighborhood fireworks are going off!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    hide

8:22 est and the neighborhood fireworks are going off!

We had a neighbor who was out shooting for about 10 minutes and other than that, not too much noise this year.  Best 4th I've had in years!  (But Sundays around here can get noisy, so I'll save my hallefunkinglujahs for Monday!  :lol: )
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    with all the fireworks the last week i think my neighbors finally captured fallujah. hopefully. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."