Verona 2000

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
edited June 2020 in The Porch
In the colosseum, looking at this Italy show today that took place days before things were about to take a turn for the worse. Check it out, subscribe on your favorite platforms and remember that tomorrow is our zoom trivia meet up, a link will be posted in that thread and is open to anyone who wants to participate 

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited June 2020
    "Any Christians want to be eaten?"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 336
    Was at that show. Still one of the most insane experiences I've had at a show. The history, the light over the arena, the energy. Have been to a lot of really special shows since, from PJ20 to Wrigley to Seattle and all points in between, but Verona was the best.

• Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 924
    Was at that show. Still one of the most insane experiences I've had at a show. The history, the light over the arena, the energy. Have been to a lot of really special shows since, from PJ20 to Wrigley to Seattle and all points in between, but Verona was the best.

That’s interesting that you say that. It sounded from the boot and the YouTube video that there was a bit of a disconnect with the band and the crowd. There was a huge gap in between them that seemed to make Ed uncomfortable. It wasn’t a bad show at all and I’m sure being in a venue like that had to of enhanced the experience, but some of the spots in the set were a little bit like they were just going through the motions. Granted, not a lot of 31 song sets on the Binaural tour so that extended features probably had a little bit to do with that
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • gus stillsgus stills Posts: 336
    There was a large gap there between the front row and the stage...like 15 fifteen feet. It seemed weird at first (we were 7-8 rows back) but I think the band got over it. The energy up there was amazing. I'm not one of the folks on here that's always on the rail, but I've been really close at a lot of GA shows and what happened at that show at sunset was truly spectacular. Hard to describe, and it was a long time ago, but the overall enormity of that space and the music (and yes, the amazing setlist) puts it up there for me. One other thing: those Italian crowds are insane. Singing along to every word of every song, dancing, fucking present. We changed our trip after that show and went to Milano the next day, which was special in its own way, but the commonality between the shows was 100 % the Italian crowd. Those guys bring it!!

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2020

Verona 1984
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"