Options

For those attending East Coast EV solo shows, a word of advice:

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Be prepared to be disappointed when the 10C tickets go on sale. Those of us who went through that for the West Coast tour can attest that having a fast computer, logging in within seconds, and being quick with your fingers does NOT guarantee you tickets. I'm talking about a flood of people trying to get tickets, and server issues, of Vic-like proportions.

I can't even imagine how crazy it's going to be for the New York shows. I'm glad that those are amongst the first going on sale, because I imagine that many New Yorkers will end up going to shows outside of their home town just because it will be so incredibly difficult to score NY tickets for either of Ed's shows.
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

Comments

• Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad we can also do ticketmaster if all else fails!
  • Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    I'm almost wondering if I should try for the Milwaukee show just in case I can't get tickets to the Chicago shows.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    alexers wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm glad we can also do ticketmaster if all else fails!

Damn, I'm almost always positive on this board, but I can say that it was almost as hard getting tickets through ticketmaster. You're right though, at least you have two chances and not just one!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    Were the pre-sale ticket releases for the West coast dates staggered the way they are here? I'm sure it's going to be nearly impossible to get tickets regardless, but maybe that will help clear up some of the traffic. Unless, of course, that's what they already did out west and it was still as walkunafraid mentioned.
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    i have never been shut outta of a 10c ticket sale
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    I struck out on 10C and Ticketmaster for all the three shows I tried. Ended up getting tix through Stubhub and off another member. These are small shows, guys.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    dervish7 wrote:
    Were the pre-sale ticket releases for the West coast dates staggered the way they are here? I'm sure it's going to be nearly impossible to get tickets regardless, but maybe that will help clear up some of the traffic. Unless, of course, that's what they already did out west and it was still as walkunafraid mentioned.
    yup, they were staggered as well. was a nightmare.
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    yup, they were staggered as well. was a nightmare.

Yikes.

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Darn it, I don't WANT to be disappointed this time!!! I refuse to be prepared for disappointment. UGH. :p;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    It seems that these shows are in bigger places than the west coast tour. Is that correct?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    but didn't they upgrade the servers after the ev sale debacle? the east coast pj sale wasn't bad was it? yea there were more tix available but i'm sure the demand was just as high, no?
  • Options
    dervish7 wrote:

Yeah, they were staggered for the West Coast dates as well. I would figure that actually makes it HARDER to get tickets. Let's say all you want is NY1 tickets. By having a staggered sale, instead of people having to choose between NY1 and NY2 when the tickets go on sale at the same time, now they can try for both at different times. Although it reduces the load on the server, it means you now have more competition for NY1 tickets.

Think of it this way: there is HUGE demand for 10C tickets whenever PJ plays a show at MSG. These solo shows will have about 18,000 fewer available tickets. I imagine that most people who usually try go to the MSG shows will want to see the EV solo shows, but I also expect for there to be many more (from in and out of town) who will want to attend just because an EV solo tour may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Put those pieces together and you can understand why these tickets will be so incredibly hard to get.

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    alexers wrote:

That's how I got my Vancouver tix.

Im almost glad I dont have to go through the tkt buying experience this time around... we had decided to do DC when they announced the 2nd leg but soon after backed out as we have already spent to much money on EV solo in CA and 4 shows this summer :)

I wish everyone the best of lucks though! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Yeah, I have already got that mentality. I hope I get tickets, but won't be heartbroken if I don't. I can try TM.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    but didn't they upgrade the servers after the ev sale debacle? the east coast pj sale wasn't bad was it?
    msg was awful...the other ones were a piece of cake, though.
  • Options
    I would figure that actually makes it HARDER to get tickets. Let's say all you want is NY1 tickets. By having a staggered sale, instead of people having to choose between NY1 and NY2 when the tickets go on sale at the same time, now they can try for both at different times. Although it reduces the load on the server, it means you now have more competition for NY1 tickets.

I definitely think you're right. I only want to go to the NJ show, but because I'm too afraid of getting shut out, I'm gonna try for NY as well. Hell, maybe even Boston, just to make sure I can get something.

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    msg was awful...the other ones were a piece of cake, though.

yea well msg...you say msg to a pearl jam fan and they start to drool and run around in circles like a dog that's over excited :p

:D
  • Options
    Yeah, they were staggered for the West Coast dates as well. I would figure that actually makes it HARDER to get tickets. Let's say all you want is NY1 tickets. By having a staggered sale, instead of people having to choose between NY1 and NY2 when the tickets go on sale at the same time, now they can try for both at different times. Although it reduces the load on the server, it means you now have more competition for NY1 tickets.

Think of it this way: there is HUGE demand for 10C tickets whenever PJ plays a show at MSG. These solo shows will have about 18,000 fewer available tickets. I imagine that most people who usually try go to the MSG shows will want to see the EV solo shows, but I also expect for there to be many more (from in and out of town) who will want to attend just because an EV solo tour may be a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Put those pieces together and you can understand why these tickets will be so incredibly hard to get.

The tickets for the West Coast Tour were not staggered they were on sale all at once because I remember me going for Vancouver and my friend for LA and we both ended up empty handed...
  • Options
    The tickets for the West Coast Tour were not staggered they were on sale all at once because I remember me going for Vancouver and my friend for LA and we both ended up empty handed...

correct

i started out trying for both la shows and ended up getting sb, then sd1 and got the last pair for la1 about an hour and a half after the sale started

my advice for people trying for tix....keep refreshing until it says out of stock :)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    yea well msg...you say msg to a pearl jam fan and they start to drool and run around in circles like a dog that's over excited :p

:D
    lol. very true. :D
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    correct

i started out trying for both la shows and ended up getting sb, then sd1 and got the last pair for la1 about an hour and a half after the sale started

my advice for people trying for tix....keep refreshing until it says out of stock :)

Shit you were lucky! I refreshed until I turned blue in the face only to end up with no tickets and my card authorized 4 times - LOL!

I guess I laugh at it now because I got tix through ticketmaster and went to the show but at that time I was very very frustrated to say the least...

I still think these tix will be really hard to get but I think that staggering the sales is SOOOOO much better than letting everyone go in for the kill and crash the system to pieces....
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    My PTSD from attempting to get MSG tickets are surfacing....
    I think I might be able to sue the band for this crap.
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.