Found a tiny treasure from 1992

CarisaJCarisaJ Posts: 65
edited May 2020 in The Porch
Going through some old stuff of mine I found a few copies of a fanzine I used to write for. I totally forgot that the first issue (which I was not part of) had an interview with Dave A. and a review of the 1992 PJ show in Frankfurt.
The fanzine was pretty cheap, consisting of rather bad photocopies but still, here are the pictures. 

For the non German speaking people here just a quick translation. It is not an in depth interview or review but in case you are interested in a detailed translation, let me know.

Interview:
The interviewer is saying how they were suppose to have the interview straight after the show but that a drum company got in their way and they had to wait 2 hours. When they finally had the chance to talk to Dave, he was in a good mood and talkative.
Question about their first time in Germany and if they had good or bad experiences. Dave is saying that they were surprised how into the shows the fans get but how the fans sometimes can also be annoying after the show. Like people asking him for a drumstick and then get mad, when he does not have any left to give away.
Question: if the German audience likes their shows, since music Guns n Roses and Metallica are is more popular. Dave says, he believes so, that the show was sold out and the people liked the show.
Question: which people come to the shows. Dave: anyone between 14 - 35 with different tastes in music and everyone is enjoying the show together.
Question: what are the lyrics about  and who's responsible for them. Dave explains that the lyrics are about different things, that Eddie writes them and that they can mean different things to everyone.
Question: asking about Mother Love Bone - that two members are now in PJ. What about the others? Dave says that Andy is jamming with Jimi Hendrix in heaven and that he didn't know Andy as well as he knows Stone and Jeff now. (Seems something went wrong in the translation from the interview there) 
Question on how long the tour is going and when they are planning on recording the next album. Dave talks about the upcoming tours and that pre-production of the next album will start September/ October.

Concert review:
packed crowd of around 800 people - support band was good - no barrier to the stage, so a lot of stage diving - Eddie walked over the crowd until he was suddenly gone and in the crowd - the show was energy packed and Pearl Jam showed their fans what music meant to them and that they gave everything.

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Pretty cool, thank you for sharing.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,946
    Those were fun times!  Thank you for posting =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 186
    Vielen Dank! 
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012