Options

An amazing piece of work during this F#$&@# up time.

I found myself becoming disheartened by our ignorance, our lack of empathy toward friends, family, neighbors and fellow human beings.  

During this pandemic we have a President who is more worried about the stock market and poll numbers.  Thought for fellow man is an afterthought.  

I've heard friends and co workers say that this country needs to open now.  The risk to others becomes an afterthought.  If it's not happening to me it's not happening.  "Fuck them, I'm fine.  It's an old persons disease."

I've seen my grandson only once since he was born.  Because I'm a first responder I fear I will get him or someone else sick.  I'm not willing to roll the dice.

I've become disheartened seeing protest of "free us now".  Others are an afterthought.  These people know nothing of sacrifice for the betterment of society.

Gigaton couldn't have come at a better time.  After listening to the entire album, I reminded myself to get out of my my own head.  I reminded myself that not everyone is an ass hole who cares only for himself/herself.  I remind myself that there are people out there who put self second to others.  People are not an afterthought.

Comments