New announcement on May 16th?

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,127
    Not my lineup but enjoy all who are interested.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    JimmyV said:
    Not my lineup but enjoy all who are interested.
    Same. This was much ado 'bout nothing for me. But I'm sure some will be stoked. Seems like it belongs in Other Music.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I would rather never see live music again than watch it online. We already have YouTube. This is just stupid. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    Next time put something like this in other music.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,946
    I would rather never see live music again than watch it online. We already have YouTube. This is just stupid. 
    https://youtu.be/KGCg6EO-sr4
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    I am impressed that a Pearl Jam fansite was able to put together a streaming festival with those names. How did they pay for this? Are the web curators just independently wealthy or does a blog have way more revenue stream than I thought? 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    mcgruff10 said:
    Next time put something like this in other music.  
    Couldnt agree more.
    Kearnsy
    verceman said:
    I am impressed that a Pearl Jam fansite was able to put together a streaming festival with those names. How did they pay for this? Are the web curators just independently wealthy or does a blog have way more revenue stream than I thought? 
    Brian Fallon has been regularly hosting an instagram live show with other guests. It runs at least once a week.  If I had to guess this is less about being paid from the website and more to do with just driving publicity for the artist and keeping your name out there.  Fallon’s even got posters for his gig. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    When and how late are we gonna here the big announcement?
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 713
    No announcement?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    matt84 said:
    No announcement?
    Nothing pearl jam related so no.
    Kearnsy
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:
    Brian Fallon has been regularly hosting an instagram live show with other guests. It runs at least once a week.  If I had to guess this is less about being paid from the website and more to do with just driving publicity for the artist and keeping your name out there.  Fallon’s even got posters for his gig. 

I agree that there probably wasn't a financial component to this webcast.  But it's been interesting to see Brian Fallon make comments on Instagram about how if he doesn't tour enough his kids don't eat (or something similar to that.....somebody had asked him pre-covid if there were going to be additional solo dates and that's how he responded).  Maybe he was just joking. But I had assumed Gaslight had made it kind of next level. But it makes you think about some of these fringe artists where that's the only way they get any income.  Who knows when they'll be working again.  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,782
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

I agree that there probably wasn't a financial component to this webcast.  But it's been interesting to see Brian Fallon make comments on Instagram about how if he doesn't tour enough his kids don't eat (or something similar to that.....somebody had asked him pre-covid if there were going to be additional solo dates and that's how he responded).  Maybe he was just joking. But I had assumed Gaslight had made it kind of next level. But it makes you think about some of these fringe artists where that's the only way they get any income.  Who knows when they'll be working again.  
    No. I believe he has to tour. I don't believe they sold that many records. They don't get played on the radio. Streaming doesn't pay that much. Especially for artists of his caliber.
    I miss igotid88
    edited May 2020
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Brian Fallon lives about 20 minutes from me.  I know someone who lives down the block from him.  He’s in a nice neighborhood but not a McMansion neighborhood.  Also... the bass player from The Gaslight Anthem cuts hair at the barbershop in my town that I sometimes go to... these guys definitely have to hustle between tours.  I really do admire them for their dedication to making music. 

• iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Brian Fallon lives about 20 minutes from me.  I know someone who lives down the block from him.  He’s in a nice neighborhood but not a McMansion neighborhood.  Also... the bass player from The Gaslight Anthem cuts hair at the barbershop in my town that I sometimes go to... these guys definitely have to hustle between tours.  I really do admire them for their dedication to making music. 
    That's interesting.  Thanks for sharing. 
  • Celticskemba8Celticskemba8 Posts: 334
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Hopefully the GA get back together soon!!
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Man... that would be some great news 😀

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Thanks for that info. That's crazy. Goes to show you how thin the line is between "making it" and not. 
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Was just thinking this week that Fallon said recently the last TGA tour "wasn't fun," and I was wondering if Brian would need to do another TGA tour in 2021 to try to make some cash considering all the income he lost this year.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

What town we talking?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,179
    verceman said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Was just thinking this week that Fallon said recently the last TGA tour "wasn't fun," and I was wondering if Brian would need to do another TGA tour in 2021 to try to make some cash considering all the income he lost this year.
    As disappointing as it is to hear that, it doesn't surprise me. The show that I caught on that tour was no bueno.
    pjl44 said:
    verceman said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

As disappointing as it is to hear that, it doesn't surprise me. The show that I caught on that tour was no bueno.
    Wow! Which show was that? I can’t imagine a show where they played the entire 59 Sound album being no good but you never know...

My wife and I saw their last show (hopefully not ever) at the Stony Pony and it was crazy good. After the show my wife said it was the best concert she had ever seen and she couldn’t name a single Gaslight Anthem song going into the show. 

verceman said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

So... in addition to all the built in tensions that arise from being in a band is the fact that Brian was married to the bass players sister but has since divorced her and married someone else. I have no idea of the circumstances but even under amicable terms I imagine that the divorce is probably not good for the relationship between those two guys. 

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    My wife and i once drove 10 or 11 hours just to see the Gaslight Anthem play a 45 minute set.  

It was worth it.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,179
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    verceman said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

Wow! Which show was that? I can’t imagine a show where they played the entire 59 Sound album being no good but you never know...

My wife and I saw their last show (hopefully not ever) at the Stony Pony and it was crazy good. After the show my wife said it was the best concert she had ever seen and she couldn’t name a single Gaslight Anthem song going into the show. 
    It was one of the Boston House of Blues shows. There was no flow...they just plowed through songs. They played a long time and it felt every minute of it. I had seen them a half dozen times over the years and they were always fantastic. This show felt way off.
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    verceman said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    verceman said:

It was one of the Boston House of Blues shows. There was no flow...they just plowed through songs. They played a long time and it felt every minute of it. I had seen them a half dozen times over the years and they were always fantastic. This show felt way off.
    That’s tough.  I looked at those set lists.  You guys got Mae and National Anthem at both shows.  I would have loved to have heard both... two of my many favorites. 😀

• raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    verceman said:
    we didn't pay anything. the artists who participated did it for the love that binds them to pearl jam. Many PJ covers played during our livestream and funny stories about PJ. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    btw, we are independent since the beginning (2001).
    pearljamonline.it
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    raindog80 said:
    verceman said:
    we didn't pay anything. the artists who participated did it for the love that binds them to pearl jam. Many PJ covers played during our livestream and funny stories about PJ. 
    Very cool you were able to do it :) 
    JPPJ84 said:
    raindog80 said:
    verceman said:
    Very cool you were able to do it :) 
    Thanks man :blush:
    pearljamonline.it