The Day the Live Concert Returns - Dave Grohl

JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/05/dave-grohl-irreplaceable-thrill-rock-show/611113/

If you're like me and starting to feel the loss of live music in your life, I would recommend reading the above article. I know in the grand scheme of things, this is a small problem and a small loss - but IMO that doesn't mean we shouldn't also grieve for it in our own way. I can't wait to be next to you all screaming in unison. I don't know when it will be, "but we will do it again, because we have to."

PS - mods I know this isn't specifically PJ related so I apologize if this is the wrong place. I just know this is where most people gather for tour talk and wanted to spread this uplifting message as wide as possible in tough times.

Comments

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    Dave is really cool, I'm not a huge FF fan at all, but this guys a true rock pro!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Great article!  Thanks for posting. Btw, there is nothing wrong with missing live music and being concerned about when that will happen again. Yeah, it’s small in the grand scheme but means so much to many of us. I’m probably missing live music almost more than anything else. Nothing wrong with feeling sad about that. Anyway, Dave Grohl is awesome and it’s a really good read. 
  • neutron baumneutron baum Posts: 294
    Wow, this is a great article, Dave is so multi-talented!  This article is great journalism as it really put me back in that place, experiencing live music and gave me chills bumps remembering what it is really like.  Every time I hear Small Town, I just close my eyes and can see the lights go on and the crowd screaming "hello" and what an amazing sight that must be for the band.  This article really puts it into perspective how the live music experience is important for all of us, including the artists themselves!

• "There is nothing like the energy and atmosphere of live music. It is the most life-affirming experience, to see your favorite performer onstage, in the flesh, rather than as a one-dimensional image glowing in your lap as you spiral down a midnight YouTube wormhole. Even our most beloved superheroes become human in person."

Such a great article. TY for posting it.
    As a live music junkie I'm not doing super great these days because one of the things that brings me the most happiness, can not be currently reached. I realize there are bigger problems in the world but...it f'n sucks....F'N SUCKS
    It was tough to have the PJ tour postponed but after PJ, many other shows started to get cancelled....and it's now looking grim.
    Foo's have rescheduled to October(for my show) and all I can think of is how is that even gonna happen?

• pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    Good read!
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Thank you for posting , very good read.
  • Great article, thank you for posting. It's really gonna be something special when we come out the other side of this and live music resumes.
    2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • On a separate note, I watched Dave’s tribute to Lemmy today. It’s great if you have the time. He even tells a cool story about Little Richard.

https://youtu.be/IgZWttSDQT8
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    What a great article.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,403
    I cant wait for the foo in December.